“Well...”
Review of Royal Thai Cafe

Royal Thai Cafe
Ranked #27 of 75 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The food is not what we expected, specially the authenticity of Thai food. Parking is heavy during weekends and holidays. We should have tried some other restaurants in the Village. My advice...check some other reastaurants near the vicinity.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank joelmatt68

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We wanted some kind of Asian food so we came here around 2pm Saturday. We really didn’t expect any Asian food to be authentic up here. Restaurant wasn’t too crowded so we were seated immediately. There is a small patio outside, mostly full there since people like to take in the sights of the village. We ordered a pad-see-ew, fried rice, and a bowl of tom yum soup. For me, I thought the food was OK, maybe slightly above average. If 4-star means Very Good, then I don’t think its there. Pad-see-ew was slightly bland, fried rice was OK. Tom yum soup was OK, it was spicy but I thought it was not authentic. I believe the restaurant is not owned by Thai. Our waiter was very nice and friendly. Prices are in line with any other resort town, slightly higher but not out of whack. I guess since this is the only Thai restaurant in town, there is no other choice if you are craving for it.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank ChrisW70
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Love the appetizers, the Thai Basil Chicken, Chicken Satay, Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai. The service is always exceptional. If you have to wait, it is worth it!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Basic Thai. I popped in due to the fact there aren't many choices of places to eat on Village Dr. When the server finally noticed I was waiting, he asked how hot & spicy I'd like my dish. I replied, "Very", since they rarely are. My dish came out inundated/ smothered in red pepper flakes, so much it was hardly edible. That wasn't exactly what I had expected when I asked for a spicy hot dish. If there's a next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank cheaptravelhunter
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I was not able to give this restaurant 5 stars because I have had better Thai food. But, we had a very nice dinner here. My wife had Pad Thai with chicken. I had pad see eew with pork. We also had fried rice and spring rolls. The owner and staff were very welcoming and attentive. We would definitely come here again.

Date of visit: August 2017