“very good Thai food in this mountain community”
Review of Royal Thai Cafe

Royal Thai Cafe
Ranked #30 of 66 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Love the appetizers, the Thai Basil Chicken, Chicken Satay, Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai. The service is always exceptional. If you have to wait, it is worth it!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Basic Thai. I popped in due to the fact there aren't many choices of places to eat on Village Dr. When the server finally noticed I was waiting, he asked how hot & spicy I'd like my dish. I replied, "Very", since they rarely are. My dish came out inundated/ smothered in red pepper flakes, so much it was hardly edible. That wasn't exactly what I had expected when I asked for a spicy hot dish. If there's a next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I was not able to give this restaurant 5 stars because I have had better Thai food. But, we had a very nice dinner here. My wife had Pad Thai with chicken. I had pad see eew with pork. We also had fried rice and spring rolls. The owner and staff were very welcoming and attentive. We would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I usually look for a thai restaurant wherever I go on vacation. I'm in Big Bear for a few days and saw several adds. It is right on Village Rd by all the shopping. It's not big but has an inviting patio on the street. Many curries to choose from and their stir fries sounded delicious. I had the eggplant and tofu, my friend had the thai basil with beef. Both were delicious and plenty of food. The service was gast and friendly. Will go again.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Great Yellow Curry. Everyone in the restaurant really raved about the food. Nice atmosphere. Super friendly staff. Will go back.