“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We waited for a table which was surprising at 2pm though took it as a good sign for popularity! As I was saying to my husband I didn’t want a large beer the waitress overheard and offered to bring a small version. Pictured is what she bought, like a shot glass which we found amusing!
It was an extremely long wait for food especially considering it was after 2. Whether they didn’t expect the crowd or were understaffed I’m not sure but the wait was worth it. I was recommended by the hotel we stayed at to order the avocado bomb and it was the bomb! I’ve since tried to emulate this at home though it was not quite as good. I’d go back but probably earlier in the day.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a great breakfast at Big Bear Lake Brewing Company. Wait time was a bit long but it was a holiday weekend so it was pretty much the same everywhere else. We were seated upstairs and had a beautiful view of the lake. The place was pretty packed so order time was a bit long and also a while to get our food but once the food arrived, we were not disappointed.

My husband had the Kitchen Sink Omelette which was soooo good. The portion was large so two people can actually share. I had a half order of the Hangover Cure Biscuits and Gravy which was rich and delicious, it is thick with bits of sausage. We also shared an order of Granny's Bread Pudding French Toast which was a nice size portion and it's accompanied with a large piece of ham steak. It was sooo good!!! Their coffee is very good as well. They also have a great selection of beers, ales and their Bloody Mary looks amazing (wish I would have had one)

Service was slow but understandable considering it was very busy due to the holiday weekend.

Definitely a must when in Big Bear!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Since we weren't interested in watching the Super Bowl, we thought this might be a good day to make the trip to Big Bear and, in particular, the Big Bear Lake Brewing Company. My son had recommended it, so off we went. The drive up the mountain is not for the faint of heart, so I suggest going up and down in daylight the first time. The city was relatively quiet, so parking wasn't a problem. My husband ordered the Avocado Bomb appetizer as his lunch entrée. This had also been my son's suggestion, and he was right on. Per the menu, "the avocado bomb is a honey ale tempura battered avocado, spicy sashimi ahi, crab & shrimp cake, ponzu, chipotle aioli & wonton crisps." I don't eat sushi style fish, but I will have some next time, because it's that good. I ordered the Ultimate Reuben - sliced corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut & homemade brew sauce served on a toasted parmesan encrusted sourdough bread. It was outstanding, one of the best I've had. The town also has interesting shops. Bottom line, we'll make the drive, again, and return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My family came here for drinks and appetizers. They have a nice selection of beer and food. We ordered the hummus platter which came with fresh veges and naan bread. I would recommend this place to a friend.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

The Brewing Company is a reasonable option if your'e up for a beer and food with interesting touches. Service was a bit impersonal and rushed - which seems to be par for the course for a weekend in Big Bear. The food was interesting and good, and the avocado bomb and fried zucchini were very tasty.