“Great big house with plenty of things do to.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Reflections

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lorenvca
San Diego
“Poorly maintained, uncomfortably hot rooms”
Reviewed 13 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

First, the good news. Big Bear Lake is a nice community with lots of activities, and the house is very large, with a good layout, and well located. It was well-equipped with a hot tub, pool table, foosball, and ping-pong table. The management for the facility responded quickly when we couldn't get one of the windows open at all, and he ensured that the hot tub was functioning appropriately.

When I later complained to management about the condition of the house, which included missing ball for the foosball and a broken blender (which was also very dirty with some kind of beans stuck in the bottom), they delivered two foosballs and a new blender.

Now the bad. The house was very poorly maintained, and there were many issues that made this obvious. There was no air conditioning in the house (which, in fairness, they warned us about as we checked in), and we made the false assumption that there would be screens on the windows so we could at least get air circulation at night. We were wrong. Only one of the four bedrooms (the huge master bedroom) had any ventilation (a sliding screen door), and the others had no screens and had to be shut to keep out bugs. There were only two portable fans in the house, and so bedrooms became uncomfortably hot at night. The lack of air circulation at night was the worst problem, but it was only one aspect of a poorly-maintained house. For example, the pool table surface was ripped in several places, with stains in several places. (The maintenance guy they sent out took some pictures of the poor condition of the house, and he said management might find us another place to stay, but of course the kids had settled in and moving to another place at that time would use a lot of the limited time we had available for recreation.) The screen door to the front porch area was off the track, which the maintenance guy put back on its track, but it kept coming off easily. There were knobs on cabinets that were broken or missing, an oven fan over a place where there must have been another oven in the past had loose wires hanging down that were greasy, and although the refrigerator had an icemaker, we could not get it to produce ice. The fan in the downstairs bathroom didn't work, and the two electrical outlets in the upstairs bathroom also didn't work.

Overall, it seemed to me that the place must have hosted a fraternity party, and management had not kept up with maintenance of the house. I had paid extra for insurance against damage, so I thought that meant the house would be in good shape, and I was afraid one of my grandchildren might accidentally cause some damage I would be responsible for. I didn't need to worry . . . the grandchildren were very unlikely to do any damage to this house that had not already been done. My children said in the end it was good that they did not have to worry about any damage their children might cause, but I was perturbed that I had paid a significant amount of money for a house that was in such poor shape. Pictures of the place online did not give any clue of the shape the house was in, and I thought management could at least fix the screens and provide sufficient fans to keep the house cooler.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
15 Jul 2017
Dear Loren, We're very sorry for the issues you experienced at this property during your stay. In lieu of your reports and the items you had brought to our attention, this cabin has been inspected and there are maintenance orders in place to prepare this home for future guests. Thank you for letting us know so we may improve and make our cabins better for you and other guests. We hope you will return to Big Bear soon and stay with Cool Cabins.
Cruiser68...
“Poor”
Reviewed 30 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We checked out. Thank you. Thermostat is set according to your instructions. Trash is out. Keys are in box. Lights out. Place left the way we got it. Please note. This location is in much need of up grade and maintenance highly recommended. Rating this place 4 out of 10 in mybook. Cool cabins are not as cool in my book. Thank You.Reporting upon Arrival. Lots of damages. Holes on door. Ripped pool table. Ripped ping pong table. Dirty rug. Beer bottle caps left behind. In operable door knobs to bathroom. Toilet top uncleaned and old. Damaged door locks. Chipped dishes. Check in was athe 4pm. And place was not ready till 5:15pm. Was a gift from me to my family and was embarrassed to stay in such conditions. Will not stay in this home again and will not recommend.

Nsarabia
“Great big house with plenty of things do to.”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I was pleasantly surprised with how big the house was. It was clean and had more supplies in it than I had anticipated. We would stay here again! The kids loved it! And the jacuzzi was a nice touch too.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Aug 2016
Dear Guest,
We're so pleased that the cabin was MORE than you had expected and that you had a great family vacation here in Big Bear. Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to have you back very soon!
Malvinman...
“Not satisfied”
Reviewed 19 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We were not told that there's no aircondition,when we arrived , the place was hot and humid and the receptionist just told us to open the windows and it was 70's F outside. Summer time.The rooms were hot also in the night even the Windows are open, beds are not comfortable so some of us were not able to sleep and not able to relax.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Jul 2016
Dear Guest,
We're very sorry for the issue you experienced at this property during your stay. A/C is very hard to come by in the mountains and we're very sorry for any discomfort that this may have caused. Thank you for letting us know about the beds so we may improve and make our cabins better for you and other guests. We hope you will return to Big Bear soon and stay with Cool Cabins."
Palmdale ca
Reviewed 21 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
21 Mar 2014
We are so sorry to hear you had these issues. Next time, please feel free to give us a call regarding any maintenance issues as we do answer 24 hours a day! We are looking into each item you mentioned and making sure it all gets taken care of. We hope to see you soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing