“Amazing Cabin! Fully Equipped”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mrhulbert
Bay City, Texas
“White Christmas at Big Bear”
Reviewed 31 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

The BEST thing I can say is that the hot water was HOT HOT HOT, the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of parking in the driveway. Plus we did get snow and so the white Christmas was fun and exciting for us.
But I would like to say that the cabin is hard to find as the address is not clearly visible and outside lights don't shine towards the street area. Next, the pictures of this cabin are false advertisement as it shows 2 bedroom pictures with king sized bed; this is the same bedroom with different comforters on the bed.
The bedroom arrangements are:
1 King sized bed with spacious upstairs bedroom but not romantic as the bedroom door has about a1' - 1 1/2' gap between the top of the door and the door frame (no real privacy)
Second upstairs bedroom has 2 sets of bunk beds 1 set of twins and 1 set that has a king on bottom and full on top and also has about a 1' - 1 1/2' gap between the top of the door and the door frame (no real privacy)
Downstairs bedroom is very small and quaint with a full sized bed in it.
There is NOT 2 full bathrooms but there is a full bath downstairs and 1/2 bath (toilet and sink only) upstairs.
The kitchen was not fully stocked with the necessary cooking utensils and equipment; we had to go into town and purchase baking sheets, baking pans (casserole size), a skillet, a tea pitcher, and a potato peeler. when you are flying in from out of state you dont necessarily have room in your luggage to take these items home with you. I ended up leaving the glass casserile pans in the cabin. Several of the glasses in the cabinet were cracked and had to be thrown away as one of them leaked and the other broke in my hand.
There was plenty of cobwebs to look at and plenty of dust on the walls and lamp shades. A good deep cleaning needed to be done.
After the icicles and snow began to melt one of the windows in the kitchen area leaked and made a huge wet mess on the floor; and without a mop to clean the up the leaky mess we had to use one of your towels.
The neighborhood was nice and quiet and the neighbor across the street is very nice. This is a quaint little cabin and the kids had a blast snowboarding on the mountain.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Jan 2017
I am so happy that you had the White Christmas that you had dreamed of, and your kids had a blast snowboarding. We never know for sure that Big Bear will have snow for Christmas. You were very fortunate.
I am sorry that the cabin did not meet your expectations. I see this is your first review on Trip Advisor. I have never had a complaint about the signage for the cabin, nor a complaint about the bedrooms not being private. There is a small gap that the top of the upstairs bedroom doors so that heat from the floor furnace can heat the rooms. We like the floor furnace because there are power outages in Big Bear and the forced air furnaces go off leaving no heat in the house. Our house is always warm.
There is a mop, broom and dustpan in the pantry for our guests use, I guess you did not find them. There are casseroles and a variety of pans. I am sorry that they did not meet your needs. When I travel and know I am cooking a lot I always bring my favorite cooking items whether I travel by air or car, and the Cooking Channel recommends that cooks do just that. When I was in the cabin in October there were no problem with any glasses, but I am having housekeeping replace them. I am also having them bring a new potato peeler and new cookie sheets.
The windows in the cabin are all new Milgard windows that were recently installed. I am having my contractor go over and caulk them. Thank you for bringing the leak to my attention.
The problems that you have complained about have been repaired. I hope you plan on returning in the near future.
Sherpa679...
“Amazing Cabin! Fully Equipped”
Reviewed 21 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

The Service by the Owner is Excellent , as well the Cabin!!
looking forward for next vacation to rent again!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
23 Dec 2016
Thank you for the stellar review. You left the cabin in perfect condition and we look forward to your next occupancy.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing