“Sadly, Average”

Embers Restaurant
Price range: AU$0 - AU$33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 June 2024 via mobile

I wanted to give them a go even though the restaurant ownership has changed. Ordering, I discovered the items I usually get are unavailable. The menu has changed its style. The staff were patient and helped me to choose. I picked up a vegetarian pizza. The car park had plenty of space to park and my pizza was ready really fast.
The pizza that I picked up had great ingredients, the pine nuts were a nice touch, but unfortunately the pizza was quite burnt which changed the flavor and enjoyment. Upon calling them to provide feedback I was offered a partial credit of the cost towards my next visit. Hopefully they can turn the quality around if we all provide honest feedback.

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed 29 May 2024 via mobile

Tasty well sized meals at a reasonable price. Good service and we promptly received our meals. The waitress was friendly.

Reviewed 22 May 2024

I booked in for my Mum's birthday in April at the last minute and was shocked to hear there was availability, which we jumped upon. When we arrived we found the restuarant was not even half full. Mum could not locate her favourite meals on the menu and when she received her food, she found it to be average. I ordered my usual from the menu, which was still good, but now my favourite pasta dishes have also been removed from the menu. I used to go to Embers frequently when my grandparents were around as it was my Grandma's favourite restuarant, and after she passed, I've made the 2.5 hour round trip to enjoy the hospitality, warmth and food offered by Embers. I have been going to Embers for at least 12 years. It has always had warm, vibrant staff and delicious, quality food with generous portions. Tonight I have discovered Embers has changed hands, and suddenly the difference in feeling and food when we last visited and the total scrapping of the previous menu makes sense. I hope the new owners and staff find their feet and make a go of it, but there's nothing on the menu to tempt me back. I know in the food industry menus often get revamped, but removing so much of what people loved from the menu of a restuarant that has had such a strong and enduring customer base, feels like a bit of a let down.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 21 May 2024

When you have booked a venue, THEN read poor reviews about it, there is a sinking feeling.
This was the case for this restaurant, and we were pleasantly surprised.
On arrival, we were welcomed and directed to a lovely jarrah table reserved for our family group (9 people).
The manager was friendly and explained the various dishes on the menu. Our entre of garlic bread arrived quickly at the table and was hot and delicious.
My main meal was Scallopini with Marsala and was lovely and tender with a great tasting sauce - you can never get too much good sauce.
My wife ordered Ossobuco on recommendation of Rubin (the day Manager), which arrived loaded with sauce (which she said was very tasty) along with mash potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Other meals around the table were well received with no complaints about flavor or quality. A small complaint - there was no finger bowl and napkin provided with the seafood platters, maybe finger licking is back!
No complaints about the Tiramisu deserts and coffee all round - a fine finish to the afternoon.
Lovely weather, lovely drive, lovely restaurant, lovely day.

Reviewed 19 May 2024

Went to Embers last night – first time is four months (used to go quite regularly for 20 years) because of the poor food and smaller portions since the new owners took over about 7 months ago. Last night the food was good quality and good portions – unfortunately the new manager (been at Embers for couple weeks) let it down. My grandson wanted muscles for a main – the menu said it was an entrée – so we asked the “new” manager if we could have it as a mains – and he just refused point blank. We waited nearly fifty minutes for garlic bread (and at 6.30 pm when in the past the restaurant has been full to breaking point) Embers was just about half full – how will they manage if the restaurant gets busy. The drinks when they arrived were wrong and when the lemon, lime and bitters did arrive the barman seemed to have lost a bottle of lime in the drink – my wife could not drink it. When the muscles arrived, there was no finger bowl and no separate bowl to put the empty shells. Most of the wait staff were on L plates – but there were a couple of girls who were very very good at their jobs. I did ask to speak with the (new) manager but he preferred to ignore me and spent his time in the patisserie next door chatting. The bill was $400 for 4 people without any alcohol which I think is rather expensive for very poor-quality service and management. Under the current management and without adequate training of the staff it is doubtful if Embers will ever reach its previous level of glory.