“Always a winner- with one regret!”
Review of Embers Restaurant

Embers Restaurant
Price range: AU$0 - AU$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 May 2021

Embers is one of my favourite restaurants and I've been visiting the restaurant for many, many years - too many to count. The food is always first class, as is the service - it's faultless. Recently the restaurant has made some slight modifications to the eating area by removing the bar. There is only one thing that spoils this incredible restaurant - the CHAIRS ARE HORRIFIC! heavy, hard to move and little padding on the seats. They have been around since the90's - it must be time to replace them. Surely a restaurant that excels in every other area could ensure their patrons are comfortable as they enjoy one of the many and varied items on their amazing menu. I'm hoping that replacing these out-dated, uncomfortable chairs is the next thing on their To Do List.
PS: It's best to make a booking as this is an extremely popular place to dine.

2  Thank Babs_DownUnder

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

We went for Saturday lunch after a drive through the Bickley Valley on a wet weekend. I’d searched online and came across Embers and it’s great reviews.
They were all spot on. Huge menu with plenty of choices for everyone. When the food arrived, everyone’s meals were excellent- great size serves and flavours. Will definitely return

Reviewed 14 May 2021

This is clearly a busy and popular place. I quite enjoyed my meal. I would describe this as a family friendly, good, medium priced place. Some of the seats are very uncomfortable though - more like some kind of medieval torture device!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank nanasontheroad
Reviewed 12 May 2021

On a Saturday night, with one table of 16 people and a comprehensive menu, I had my doubts. But they were all dispelled.

A long menu of disparate dishes normally indicates a TTH (Trying Too Hard) approach. I'm also wary of places that are said to provide big/generous serves. Here, it all worked. We chose numerous dishes, and they nearly all succeeded. My Marinara had a quality reduced sauce more flavoursome than most I’ve tried. The squid easily passed the test of requisite tenderness. Not sure how they managed that. And it was so generous with the seafood: lovely fish cooked just right, mussels, juicy prawns, etc. Too often a Marinara is a rip-off where you try to find seafood buried under copious pasta.

Others were delighted with beef cheeks, Granchio (linguini in a sauce with a bit of heat, crab & prawns etc), really well-cooked fish, etc.

The service was friendly and attentive. Big bonus points for their ability to bring out all 16 mains at our table at roughly the same time. I’ve never seen that kind of efficiency with a giant order before.

And the prices were so reasonable!

It’s as good as the reviews say - pay a visit.

1  Thank 316MarkB
Reviewed 11 April 2021

This was the most comprehensive menu we have seen and the Restaurant was full to it's large capacity. . Friendly service and great food at reasonable prices

Date of visit: April 2021