“Pretty good Italian food.”
Review of Embers Restaurant

Embers Restaurant
Price range: AU$0 - AU$33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 May 2021

This is clearly a busy and popular place. I quite enjoyed my meal. I would describe this as a family friendly, good, medium priced place. Some of the seats are very uncomfortable though - more like some kind of medieval torture device!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank nanasontheroad

Reviewed 12 May 2021

On a Saturday night, with one table of 16 people and a comprehensive menu, I had my doubts. But they were all dispelled.

A long menu of disparate dishes normally indicates a TTH (Trying Too Hard) approach. I'm also wary of places that are said to provide big/generous serves. Here, it all worked. We chose numerous dishes, and they nearly all succeeded. My Marinara had a quality reduced sauce more flavoursome than most I’ve tried. The squid easily passed the test of requisite tenderness. Not sure how they managed that. And it was so generous with the seafood: lovely fish cooked just right, mussels, juicy prawns, etc. Too often a Marinara is a rip-off where you try to find seafood buried under copious pasta.

Others were delighted with beef cheeks, Granchio (linguini in a sauce with a bit of heat, crab & prawns etc), really well-cooked fish, etc.

The service was friendly and attentive. Big bonus points for their ability to bring out all 16 mains at our table at roughly the same time. I’ve never seen that kind of efficiency with a giant order before.

And the prices were so reasonable!

It’s as good as the reviews say - pay a visit.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank 316MarkB
Reviewed 11 April 2021

This was the most comprehensive menu we have seen and the Restaurant was full to it's large capacity. . Friendly service and great food at reasonable prices

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 8 April 2021

We hadnt eaten here for a while but decided to give it a go again.Drinks took a while to come but it was very busy so understandable.We ordered a tasting platter which was very disappointing with basically some toast,olives and tomato fetta mix.Wasnt worth it.Mains were good and of a decent size.I had the Thai mussles in an entree and it was enough to fill me.The only really down side were the salads that came with the meal.They were tiny and about the size of a poached egg.I like salad with my meal so I ate everyone elses.Steaks were good,the shnitzels with blue cheese sauce were over powering and couldnt be finished,The salmon was tastless apparently.The meal was good but nothing to rave about and was $417.00 for 6 of us with drinks and no entrees or desserts

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank caddyandbellA
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

It was a busy Thursday evening. Wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary so was hoping for something special and was not disappointed. Service was as good as it gets. Meal portions were generous and the food it’s self was excellent. If I could give it 6 stars I would. Absolutely faultless. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: February 2021