“Hidden Gem”

Embers Restaurant
Price range: AU$0 - AU$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 September 2020

Up in the hills, situated in an unassuming place, this restaurant serves up some nice Italian meals with good, friendly service. No wonder the restaurant was packed with customers.

Reviewed 29 August 2020

My wife had visited Embers with friends a few times and always given good reports. This time we went together for lunch and all I can do is re-echo my review title above and describe it as just "brilliant".

A fairly unpretentious family restaurant which was full on a Wednesday lunchtime and quite noisy. But what it perhaps lacked in ambience it made up for it in spades with the food. I had the Gold Band Snapper which came with salad, chips and home made tartar sauce. It was a very large portion and absolutely delicious. Prices are reasonable and the wine list is also very good both in content and value. We shall definitely return.

1  Thank rwlid
Reviewed 16 August 2020

My husband and I enjoy a date night often! We hadn’t tried Embers! Lovely staff! Lovely atmosphere! Great food!
We had already decided on the pizza! Vegan style...delicious! Chose the large, it was more than enough for both of us! Skipped desert - but settled for Matcha latte
Enjoyable! Loved the tables!

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 13 July 2020 via mobile

Warm and welcoming. Home style Italian with generous serves. Shared a vegetarian pizza and spaghetti marina. Fresh and tasty.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank liane75
Reviewed 26 June 2020 via mobile

Disappointed as I heard such good things about this place. I ordered takeaway pizza and was happy to wait 50 mins for collection however super disappointed when my Capricciosa pizza was missing two of the key ingredients (anchovies and prosciutto) and the base was so soggy I couldn’t eat it. Makes me wonder if my order was incorrectly made.

Date of visit: June 2020