“Delicious mixed grill...”

Coach and Horses
Price range: USD 3 - USD 18
Cuisines: Spanish, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a warm and welcoming traditional pub. Ye old beams with an open fire and 2 log burners you can be sure that you will feel warm and cosy. Our menu is best of British, Locally sourced meats and produce.We have a bar/ lounge as well as 2 separate dining areas. We look forward to seeing you. Food times are from Monday to Saturday 12-9pm and Sunday 12-5pm
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Visited the Coach and Horses last night with family for dinner. The place was clean and well decorated and the staff friendly and helpful.

I've eaten here a few times but this is the first under new management and on this occasion, I was feeling a bit ravenous.

So, out came the Mixed Grill which, I have to say, was cooked to perfection. It consisted of a beautifully cooked steak, delicious sausage, black pudding, chicken breast and a bacon chop nicely topped off with a fried egg served with beef tomato, chips and peas.

My family ordered a couple of steaks which they were both more than happy with and a steak pie, and it was no bother for the chef to alter the chips for the skinnier type on one of the dishes.

Clearly, this place takes pride in what they do and there were no complaints from our lot.

I stayed behind for a drink at the bar with the locals, who proved to be a truly nice bunch, one bought me a drink and the other invited me to her birthday party!

A thoroughly enjoyable evening, I will return, maybe for the birthday party which is to be held at the pub!

1  Thank ApographLtd
PHil B, General Manager at Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi there,

I am so pleased to read your review and have passed on your words to our chef and staff! I'm so glad you found our pub to be so friendly and welcoming! We aim to make all of our customers feel happy and comfortable, and so do our regulars, clearly!!!!

We hope to see you for the party!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous lunch. Mum loved the fact that gluten free was marked on the menu so she didn't have to ask!! Lasagne was home made, risotto was wonderful and the puddings were fabulous. Service was friendly, laid back and just enough to be there when you needed them but not in your face. Will all be back!!

Hi there,

I have passed on your thanks and kind words to the team. We aim to make people feel as comfortable as possible, and are all really glad you enjoyed it! It's a good job with you driving over 300 miles!!

Thanks again for your feedback! Hopefully see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I was very surprised with the very poor range of food in this restaurant. It is unbelievable that there were not offering any sort of salad in their menu. On top, the staff was not making any move to help.

PHil B, Manager at Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hi there, I can only assume you have reviewed the wrong pub, we have an extensive menu, special boards, and actually have at least 3 different types of salad dishes listed on the menu. I hope you find the time to check that you have reviewed the correct pub.

Thanks

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We recently booked this venue for a 70th birthday Sunday lunch.There was nine of us and we were given the dining room to ourselves. This is a small room but comfortable and the staff were both friendly and attentive. We enjoyed an excellent meal, from quite a comprehensive menu, ranging from steaks, to a selection of Sunday roasts and burger type meals. There was also a good vegetarian selection also. The meals were reasonably priced, tasty and well presented. I understand that this pub is under new ownership and with this kind of fare they deserve to succeed. Outside there is a reasonably sized car park for a pub of this size and the pub itself is very old, with low beamed ceilings and is a small building but very comfortable. A local tale has it that during the second world war, servicemen stationed nearby, when drinking in the pub would lodge small change coins into cracks in the roof beams, where they remained for many years until refurbishment. The main A6 Leicester to Market Harborough road runs close by. In the main bar is a large fireplace which I imagine when lit on a winters day would be very welcoming, though thankfully it was not lit on our visit, which turned out to be a very hot day. Well worth a visit, with a menu worthy of a larger pub.

Hi there,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are always happy to host you and your family. A pleasure to look after and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Having been a regular in the pub for the last 10 years, we've seen many landlords come and go. Some have been great, some amazing and some bloody terrible.

The food has had its ups and downs and now finally after a fresh landlord and landlady looking with a fresh, hard working approach this country village is back to being the heart and soul. With musicians every weekend, amazing food, great staff, warm open fires in the winter and lots and lots of laughs it's lovely to have the Coach back.

Thank you for giving us back a warm and welcome pub with great food and staff.

1  Thank Mad_bird35