“Trendy cafe but such slooooooooooooooooooow service!”
Review of Parlour

Parlour
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Trendy looking cafe we'd read good reviews about and looked forward to trying, being new to the area. The food was good, not amazing, but it is good. A bit on the small side for the price. I don't drink coffee but my partner does and he said that lived up to the hype! He said the coffee was awesome! Note the sizes are small, we got a large latte and large chai and they were tiny - I've never had a chai that small before called a 'large'. The most disappointing thing was the service. We ordered and our drinks came fairly quickly. However then 40 minutes passed with no food in sight. There was only 2 of us, with 2 breakfasts total. I hate complaining or having to ask anything but 40mins seemed quite long so eventually I went up and asked if I could get an estimate of how much longer our breakfast would be. The girl didn't even smile just went 'where are you sitting' and when I told her, glanced behind her at the kitchen and said 'think you're next'. No smile, no saying sorry - I think 40mins already is pretty long for some breakfasts! It wasn't even particularly busy! So I said thank you and returned to our table. It took another 25 minutes for our breakfast to finally arrive, this time a different girl who did apologise for the wait. Other people had come in, ordered, eaten and gone in the time we were there - our order clearly got messed up or forgotten! I just think that over an hour for 2 breakfasts is pretty excessive and the staff should have been more apologetic and even offered maybe a drink or something complimentary for the wait to at least acknowledge the fact. With so many great breakfast places around I don't think we'll be back in a hurry which is a real shame!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

When I lived on the Gold Coast, this was the ONLY coffee I drank! It is so good, I get it sent interstate to still get my fix!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I don’t care how trendy you think you are, if you serve up poor food you won’t see me again. The Wagyu burger was just woeful, almost sloppy.
There are much better places around who care what they serve

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We were in the area for an appointment and had never eaten in on this side of town before, so when we walked past and saw how busy it was we thought we would give it a try. Lovey food and more importantly the coffee was good.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Went here for lunch with my son a couple of weeks ago.
Very friendly staff, efficient service and the menu was great for light lunch including vegetarian options.
Love the village atmosphere ar west Burleigh.