I travel a lot in the US, and I'm used to total indifference from hotel staff. I guess that's why I'm so impressed with the Romantik Seehotel Sonne in Kusnacht. From the time you arrive, until you leave, everyone is friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and comfortable. The buffet breakfast, included in the price I paid, was excellent.
The hotel is only a few blocks from the train station, and a very easy walk, even with bags. There is a dock in front of the hotel where you can catch round-trip excursion boats that cruise Lake Zurich every hour.
Don’t hesitate to take the train from the Zurich Airport when you arrive. The S16 goes directly from the airport to the Kusnacht station—no transfer. It’s very easy.
I am not easy to impress--a pretty jaded traveler. But just one example will show you what the service level is at the hotel. I needed to depart early to the airport, about 5:00 AM. This small hotel doesn’t have a bustling lobby 24 hours a day, so when I came down the elevator, it looked as if things were closed up. As soon as I walked into the lobby, lights came on and I was greeted by a staff member. The restaurant wasn’t open, but he insisted on making me a cup of coffee to send me on my way, which he quickly prepared and served with some cookies.
You’ll enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Romantik Seehotel Sonne is situated in a unique position directly on lake Zurich, just 12 minutes by car or public transportion from Zurich-city. Ideal starting point for exploring the cities Zurich and Rapperswil. With the car: Zurich-City, follow the signs direction lake (See), Meilen, Rapperswil. Kusnacht is located on the right side of Lake Zurich. With the train: direct train connection from Zurich-airport with the train S16 within 30 minutes, from Zurich City (main train station HB or Stadelhofen) with the train S6 or S16 within 12 minutes. You will find the hotel within 2 walking minutes from the station "Kusnacht ZH" in the direction of the lake. 40 stylish hotel rooms, most of them with a unique lake view. Wireless internet, hard wood floor, well-kept appliances matching the historic house. The Romantik Seehotel Sonne is equipped with 4 air-conitioned meeting- and banquette rooms and 40 stylish hotel rooms. Free wireless internet, free parking, welcome drink and free access to our elegant wellness- and fitness area. Private lawn by the lake with access for swimming in lake Zurich. Our well-balanced breakfast buffet is included. Stylish wellness and fitness area in the hotel. Private lawn for sunbathing and direct acces to the lake for swimming. Restaurant Sonnengalerie: Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. Very popular terrasse in the summer with view to the lake, modern dishes and traditional swiss specialties. Gaststuben: popular restaurant for straightforward kitchen in historic rooms, many traditional dishes, warm kitchen all day. During the summer, when the weather is good, the restaurant stays closed. Beer garden : the most beautiful beer garden on lake Zurich with a large grill station, thai-wok, salad buffet, cozy athmosphere on warm evenings. Kusnacht meets here. During summer from March until October open daily when the weather is good and temperatures reach a minimum of 15 degrees. Turmbar: elegant bar in the oldest part of the hotel. Meeting place for locals and hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au and Agoda so you can book your Romantik Seehotel Sonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantik Seehotel Sonne Hotel
- Seehotel Sonne küsnacht
- Romantik Seehotel Sonne Canton Of Zurich/Kusnacht, Switzerland