All reviews zurich lake lovely hotel lake view beer garden business trip service was excellent high quality outstanding location nice touch ferry ride great option i'm glad close to the train station private beach main building rooms are comfortable historic house
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We stayed here for two nights, with our 9 month old. When we got there, they already had a crib set up in the room (which was so handy). The hotel was a great mix of classic and modern - with a fantastic art collect (a Basquiat in the foyer!) The staff were very helpful and we had a great stay. It's an easy, 30 minute ferry ride to Zurich as the dock is right outside the hotel (so is the train if you'd travel that way, but the ferry ride is so scenic!)

Stayed: May 2017
Catherine J, Manager at Romantik Seehotel Sonne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed also the train ride to Zurich downtown is easy (12 minutes) and further on to the Airport (28 minutes).
Looking forward to a next visit. We do have a phantastic playground for children from
2 to 10 just 200 meters from the hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Came here with my wife for drinks. Very nice place! Just on the bank of the Lake Zurich. Cosy bar. The bartender Jelena was very attentive and polite. Will definitely return. Next time we will try restautant.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Perfect! This place is worth visiting!
Lake view is nice option to enjoy during the breakfast time, at midday or at the evning while enjoying the sunset!
Beautiful nature and surroundings will impress you!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

The location on the lake is stunning, and the good train connection to Zurich makes it an easy place to stay. The old house is delightful and I enjoyed the different decorative character of each of the public rooms, with well-selected examples of art, both ancient and modern, on every wall. Breakfast was delicious, with a view of the peaceful lake. Evening meals were delicious too. The reception staff were extremely helpful and intelligent.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2017

My room was very nice; I was staying with my cousin in the room (and we're both quite messy!) and the room fit us very nicely. The concierge was very kind as my grandma wanted to switch her room many times, and they were very kind to us. The breakfast was incredible! I loved the spread of breads, the pretzel is to die for! The concierge was very kind and recommended to us our favorite restaurant of the trip, Kindli, where I had the best weiner schnitzel ever! I highly reccomend this hotel

Room Tip: Views of the lake
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family