All reviews boat station half board lake and mountains wellness area uninterrupted views free coffee and snacks room was a bit small staff are extremely helpful and friendly main course heated outdoor pool public transport beautiful hotel sun loungers recommend this hotel private lakeside buffet breakfast salad bar
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We always return to this beautiful hotel. I love the wellness area, the fabulous outside pool, the bar area with free coffee and snacks till 4pm and the welcome drink. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms are lovely and clean. Here we feel at home!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Homestme
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel, centrally located in peaceful Weggis.
Part of the hotel is a bit dated, but rooms are renovated.
I can recommend on lake view rooms, and you will enjoy amazing Lake Lucerne views if you are lucky with the weather...
Staff is very nice and I enjoyed great service - They even arranged special transportation for me in order to get to mount Rigi free of charge!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with a frind and it was fabulous. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
The spa area whit its sveral different saunas is great for relaxing and the view from the outdoor pool is absolutly stunning.
Because I am vegan I asked if it was possible to get a vegan option for dinner and they offerd me a delicious vegan 5 course menu.
Definitely coming back!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
_Familie_Hasler_, Inhaber at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hello from Weggis
Thank you very much for the outstanding rating and staying with us in the Alexander hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the Alexander.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

I had the pleasure of staying here for one night in September. I was part of a large group and we were looked after extremely well. The views over the lake are stunning and I would recommend asking for a room with lake views.

Room Tip: Views of the lake are a must!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Fabulous!
We stayed here for a week to celebrate our ruby wedding in early August.
The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated but quiet position about 15 minutes’ walk from the main boat jetty. Our superior top floor room was large, comfortably furnished and well soundproofed. There was a shower room rather than a bath and an integral balcony with breathtaking views of the lake.
The highlights for us were:-
1. The warm and friendly atmosphere created by the owners (three generations of the same Hasler family) who worked extremely hard, supported by their long serving and loyal staff.
2. Dining on the stunning terrace overlooking the lake each evening, whilst soaking up the sunsets and watching the fascinating movements of the steamboats. Here a delicious and unhurried 5-6 course meal was beautifully presented and served, and the special gala buffet for the Swiss National Day was particularly memorable.
3. The leisure facilities and in particular the heated outdoor infinity pool. There were plenty of available sun loungers in the attractive garden, with the same stunning views, and there was plenty of sunshine too!

Room Tip: Most rooms have Lake view and private balcony. Worth upgrading to a larger superior room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple