“Definitely a 5 star hotel”

Ferienart Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Saas-Fee
Sweden
“Definitely a 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ferienart in February. It was the first time we stayed at a 5 star hotel in Switzerland since we usually go for 4 star hotels when we are skiing in the alps. The hotel was a least one class better in all aspects compared to the previous hotels we stayed at.

We were mostly impressed by the food. The restaurant served a great number of dishes every night and each and every dish was delicious. The service in the restaurant was perhaps not perfect all nights but the service personnel were very kind and most of the time the service was excellent.

Also the pool and sauna areas were fantastic and one of the best we have been to. There is a nice open fire just beside the pool. We had a suite located on the other side of hotel compared to the pool area. If possible I would recommend to try to get a room above the pool area. Then you can take the elevator down to the pool area and you do not need to go through the reception area on the way to the pool.

The rooms were very nice . Especially the bathrooms and the shower. We had a big Jacuzzi in the bedroom which is a bit odd. Some might find this very romantic and the hotel has a number of packages which may even increase the romantic feeling. As one author previously wrote I would recommend you to stay at this hotel with your wife and family and not with a collegue. We did not try the jacuzzi nor the packages since the pool area was so fantastic.The beds were maybe a bit hard, but my wife who usually sleeps bad in hotels had a good nights sleep every night. The room was very quite and we did not hear any sound from other rooms or the reception area although we stayed at the second floor.

The hotel is located 4-5 minutes from the Alpine Express which is one of the major lifts in Saas Fee. The week we were skiing there were never any queues to talk about. We rented equipment by the lift and walked to the lift which was a very good idea since the hotel transfer only went every 15 minutes.

Also I would recommend you to try the afternoon tea. The different pastries are just as excellent as the other food at the hotel. The pastries are included, but the tea is not.

We really did enjoy our time at the hotel. Since it was quite cold when we were in Saas Fee we spent more time at the hotel than we usually do when we are in the alps and therefore it was very nice to stay at such a great hotel.

Room Tip: If you are interested to go to the pool area I would recommend you to choose a room above the pool a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a good hotel overall. The rooms are warm and comfortable if perhaps a little formulaic. Very clean, genteel communal areas and a spa that is genuinely world-class. For no obvious reason, the main restaurant seems to struggle with service and can easily take an hour and a half for the evening meal. Drinks are very expensive including tap water at 9 CHF a bottle! Quality of food is however superior.

Helpful and friendly service generally with very welcome shuttle buggy to take you through the village.

The spa is simply superb both for adults and children with a sensible curfew for kids at 6pm. Over 6 separate saunas!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 February 2012

WE stayed at the Ferienart hotel in Saas-fee last summer. First of all, the staff was very welcoming, we even had a welcome drink which was very appreciated. We also got a pickup from the parking in a nice panoramic shuttle which let us admire the setting.

the hotel is top class, magnificent swiss architecture, very charming. There are many restaurants in the hotel too. Breakfast was very nice and good. I appreciated the fresh orange juice.
The rooms are very nice and charming and the spa is gorgeous. the hotel is very well located with a beautiful view.

I highly recommend Ferienart, we were v satisfied !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
geneva
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My family and I we already been to this fabouous place 5 times, both in the winter season and in the summer one. The rooms and suites are spotless and very confortable with a services that matches all our needs. The 3 restaurants serve very good food and again, the service is superb.The Spa and the swimming pool are always spotless and we like the sauna and the turkish bath.Furthermore, we enjoy the fact that the staff is mostly from the area and that the owner is always present despite he has several other buisinesses in Saas Fee. In summer and off season the hotel has incredible deal.For exemple, last summer we had an incredible deal for only CHF300 / day the had a suite , their delicious breakfast, tea break and a gourmet dinner plus free passes for the cable cars. We highgly reccomand this hotel to all mountain lovers. A great combination of understated luxury and beautiful setting

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank spitfirex
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Here is a copy of my letter of complaint to the management, to which I have not had a reply.

My girlfriend and I arrived at about 23.30 on 26th of January to celebrate her Birthday. We were told that the kitchen was closed and there was no possibility of food. We were not offered crisps or peanuts, nothing at all.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

I asked the night porter if there was a restaurant open in town and he said there maybe only one, but he did not have the telephone number to call them. I asked if he could find the number and I got the feeling that he did not want to make the effort.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

At the bar we ordered a bottle of House Champagne to celebrate our arrival. After some time of searching by the barman we were told there was none available. Incredibly, the non-Swiss barman did not know what Schnapps is.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

The Rainbow Room I booked is nothing like the photographs on your website and not 5-star standard! To avoid a description dispute, the photographs should be changed to be more accurate.

Most members of staff did not seem to be familiar with the local area and did not know locations and restaurants that are named in your brochure.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

At breakfast at 11:00 on the 27th there was no hot food and it took me several minutes to get the attention of a staff member to inform the chef. When hot food became available there was still not enough for 2 people.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

At dinner the fondue arrived without bread and it took us 10 minutes to get some.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

Finally, at check-out I was asked to pay again what I had already paid on my credit card.
I do not consider this to be 5-star service.

Do yourselves a favour and stay at another hotel in an otherwise beautiful resort.
I have stayed in many 5-Star Hotels and this is not one.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple