Hotel Marmotte(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
USD 184
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Glacier(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
USD 164
Free cancellation until 21/07
USD 403
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbeau sitela fermefamily roomhot and cold optionshotel restaurantsthe busfree hotel shuttletrue swiss hospitalitymini barbehind the scenesthe main streetwellness areatraditional swissreturn journeyclosed dueminute walkmain bedroom
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I first came to the Sunstar in the summer, and my impression was so favorable that I decided last minute to change my winter holiday plans and return to this lovely, cozy hotel. The people who work here are terrifically helpful, and the spirit of true Swiss hospitality reigns. The food is first class, and the servers delightful. Yvonne is one of the reasons I returned. She is so friendly and helpful, as is Ingrid. The spa is diverse, from waterfalls in the pool to magical changing ceiling lights in the steam room. The Managers Klaus and Kathryn are present and fully working all aspects of the hotel, from bag carrying, to perfection of hand made specialty cocktails. Caroline is always helping with a smile, alongside the managers. One is truly at home here at the Sunstar Saas-Fee. Un Grand Merci, Thank You!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Klaus H, General Manager at Sunstar Hotel Saas-Fee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Of course I'll forward all the good and lovely words to our employer. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Klaus Habegger & Team

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My entire SaaS Fee experience was just simply amazing and this extremely nice hotel just added to the experience.

The location is great. SaaS Fee is small so it is easy to walk around anyway. There are cafe's, restaurants, shops, ATM's and everything within less than 5 mins walk at the most. That is assuming you can take the -15 degree temperatures.

The hotel was quaint, extremely comfortable and the service amazingly friendly and personal. The rooms very well equipment and very homely. I was on the 3rd floor with what seemed to be a more modern room, and I couldn't have been more comfortable.

The room had everything you needed. The views from the room were breathtaking. Breakfast was OK, not excellent, but ok. Good coffee though which kept me happy,

I will always remember my experience at Sunstar and Saas Fee. Probably a once in a lifetime visit for me but if I do ever go back I'll be hopefully staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AsiaRoadWarrior
Klaus H, General Manager at Sunstar Hotel Saas-Fee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Klaus Habegger and the Team

Reviewed 16 January 2017

This is the third time I have stayed at the Sunstar in Saas Fee. This is one of my favourite hotels and our stay this time was excellent as always. I booked directly with the hotel by email and always received prompt, clear answers. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and given our same room. The hotel is spotlessly clean in all areas. There used to be a childrens play room but this has now been converted into a chill out/relax room with sun loungers and refreshments. This is a great addition and we spent a lot of time here just relaxing.

I would recommend hiring ski equipment from Cesar Sport which is located just downstairs from the hotel. As it's a 5-10 minute walk from the ski area it's worth paying the extra CHF4 per day to keep your ski's at the Cesar Sport depot just next to the ski area. We would often time our departures to coincide with the hotel shuttle, free bus or train which runs through the village frequently.

We ate in all three of the hotel restaurants, Fee Challer, La Ferme and the hotel cullinarium menu. There are lots of restaurants in the village but none compare to the quality and service of the hotel restaurants. I would recommend booking in advance as they get very busy. We found the 4 course cullinarium menu by far the best value for money.

Breakfast is a lavish buffet with both hot and cold options and this is well presented and delicious.

What I really love about this hotel is that you feel so welcome and at home here. It is also lovely to get a daily newsletter advising what activities are on offer and the hotel also offers some great activities in the evenings like a behind the scenes hotel tour and cocktail making. There were also great suggestions for things to do in the village.

This hotel has great value for money as well. All minibar drinks are included and this is a lovely extra touch.

Thank you Sunstar for an amazing holiday and we will be back!

Room Tip: Room 66 has a lovely balcony overlooking the mountains and village
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank globalgirlLondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!
Wow such a long and perfect feedback. You lighted all aspects of a winter holiday. It would be with a big pleasure to see you soon. For next winter the Saas Fee cable car is doing the crowdfunding again. Here you profit of a lift pass for just CHF 222.00 valid for the whole winter season from 1st November until middle of April.

Klaus Habegger & Team

Reviewed 15 January 2017

From the moment of making the booking at sunstar, the service we received was faultless. Every email I sent was always answered that same day, with the answers to my questions, and the train tickets from Zurich airport were sent as promised well in advance of the trip.
On arrival we were collected from the bus station in Saas Fee in the electric taxi within a few minutes, and taken straight to the hotel. The hotel is traditional and rustic but with a high quality and modern finish.
We had a comfort family room which was perfect for a family of 4 with 2 children aged 8 and 10. The bunk beds for the kids were in a separate room that could be closed off and the main sleeping area was very spacious, with room for a sofa and chair as well as a large bed and desk. The bathroom was clean & modern with a great shower! There was nothing better after skiing than a hot powerful shower each day. Free beer and soft drinks in the mini bar were are an additional plus, especially given the cost of drinks in Switzerland!
Breakfast was also of a high quality - with hot options and a wide range of cold options as well. Everything was so well presented.
The kids loved the spa area - good sized pool and loungers to relax on. There was also a sauna and steam area. Again, all well kept and extremely clean with plenty of towels available.
We ate in both restaurants during our stay, both great food. We did eat at other places in the town too but the hotel is so well located that everywhere was only a few minutes away. I would recommend booking places though as we struggled a couple of nights.
For skiing, you can walk to the lifts in 5/10mins which I did a few times but it's far for carrying skis etc. Mainly we took the hotel shuttle in the morning and then in the afternoon either the shuttle back or the public bus, or even the tourist train! By the hotel was a supermarket (for buying some cheap drinks etc!) and pharmacy as well as an excellent ski hire shop directly under the hotel (Cesar Sport Rent).
Finally - I have to mention that my daughter left behind her 4 soft toys that she sleeps with in her bed (one being very special) - I assumed these were lost but when I emailed the hotel they had all of them and within a week we had received these back in a parcel in London. This was just another example of the quality of service of this hotel.
In summary, I'd highly recommend Sunstar for quality, service, location, facilities and food. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lydia J
Klaus H, General Manager at Sunstar Hotel Saas-Fee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear Lydia
Thank you very much for the good and long feedback. Of course it's a pleasure to present it to all our staff. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us that much. We hope all of you are fine and still memory of a good time with us. In the main time it become spring and much more warmer as in December and January. How ever we got snow the last week and the condition's on the slops are still perfect.

It would be with a great pleasure to welcoming you once again.

With kind regards

Klaus Habegger
Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Have just returned after a New Years break at the Sunstar, having had a fantastic stay the previous Xmas and it really didn't disappoint again. Due to fog at Geneva, we didn't arrive at the hotel until 21.00 on New Years Eve, and had prepared ourselves with having to order room service but to our great delight and surprise we were able to enjoy the full 5-course delicious New Years Eve menu. The food was consistently excellent throughout our stay, and this time we managed to dine in all 3 of the hotel's restaurants and enjoyed fantastic food and excellent service in Fee Challer and La Ferme as well.
Apart from the food which is first class, what really makes the hotel stand out are the amazing hotel managers and their excellent team. I'm not sure how Klaus, the hotel manager achieves to be omnipresent but he was at the bar most nights serving pre-dinner drinks, helping out in the hotel restaurants and ensuring that everything was OK for hotel guests and then serving after dinner drinks in the hotel bar afterwards. We spent part of the journey home wondering whether we could afford to return for an Easter skiing break and make use of our Winter season skiing pass, so there's not much more to say.......

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenJMiles

Dear Family M

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We're looking forward to see you next week for your Easter Holidays. The snow conditions are still perfect - just warmer as in December ;-)

Klaus Habegger