Sunstar Hotel Saas-Fee
USD 205
Hotel Mattmarkblick(Saas-Almagell)(Great Value!)
USD 165
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 191/night.

Popcorn Hotel(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
USD 119
  • Bar/Lounge
The Dom Hotel(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
USD 170
USD 151
Official Site
Hotel Bristol(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
USD 143
USD 140
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 163/night.

Feehof Garni(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
USD 273
USD 204
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 235/night.

La Collina Hotel & Spa(Saas-Fee)(Great Value!)
USD 118
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsla fermefamily roomhot and cold optionsthe busfree hotel shuttletrue swiss hospitalitymini baroriginal hoteltraditional swiss stylebehind the sceneswellness areathe main streetreturn journeyclosed dueminute walkmain bedroomsteam room
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I wanted to find a quaint hotel with that Swiss Alps feel and this perfectly brought my image to life. We were in the corner unit with two balconies, perfect views of the Alps from both sides. The room was very clean and comfortable. We opted for the family room as there were three of us and there was plenty of room for all. I am not a skier so I didn't have much to do in the middle of the day when everyone went skiing and the shops were closed 12-2. It was lovely to walk up and down the cobblestone streets right up to the base. The breakfast included in the room fee had plenty of delicious options including local products. Service was fantastic! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street have the best views. A little loud when the bars let out but the windows block sound well.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Klaus H, Manager at Sunstar Hotel Saas-Fee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Many thanks for your fantastic review and comments on your recent visit.
Great that you enjoyed our room with the balconies and the view of our Alps. We love to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as well our service.
We hope to welcoming you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 23 December 2016

2 week family hotel in Sunstar Hotel, great large family rooms. Small pool and sauna area. Nice choice of 3 restaurants of varying styles, all with carefully labelled menus for people with allergies like gluten. Very friendly manager gave 2 tours, 1 of the historic hotel and 1 of the town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the glacier side give a great view most mornings.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and review. Great that you have enjoyed your stay and our large familiy rooms as well our restaurants.
We hope to have your stay in our hotel again.
Best regards

Reviewed 17 December 2016

We usually stay in near-by Zermatt, but this year we added Saas Fee to our summer holiday. The Saas Fee Sunstar Hotel Beau-Site is one of a kind: a very old hotel that has been modernized but that has also kept numerous historical touches, such as an incredible display of antique dolls in Swiss regional costumes. So you can expect quirky, large, individually different rooms with lots of antique furniture (and sometimes unexpected little internal passageways), but also—crucially--gorgeous up-to-date bathrooms. Add to this an elegant common area near the entrance, a breakfast/dining room with stained glass and lovely carvings (including chairs with individual designs carved by the original hotel family during long winters before Saas Fee had modern winter roads, I believe we were told). Then throw into the mix friendly, genuinely helpful staff, and for those visitors who, like us, prefer individual charm over the sameness of “cookie-cutter” hotels, you really have an ideal mix for a wonderful stay. The hotel’s central location is also ideal for strolling around after dinner, shopping, or having a relaxing drink on their sun-bathed terrace.

Important travel tip: Public transport to Saas Fee is by bus, not train, and I strongly recommend catching the bus at Visp, not further up the railway line at the next transfer spot. This is because up the line there’s a longish, rather steep hike from the train station to the unmarked Saas Fee bus stop, and then the bus was already full from Visp when we boarded, so we had to stand for much of the long ride.

Room tip: I don’t recall the number but we had a really nice room at the front with wood floors. It had a small balcony with a spectacular view of the mountains and glacier, and it overlooked the terrace (no noise problems in the summer).

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Klaus H, Manager at Sunstar Hotel Saas-Fee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for that good feedback. It's lovely to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll forward your comment to all our employees. You have had a Superior double room with view to the glacier. If you once return just ask for such a superior room with a wood floor.

We relay hope to see you soon

Klaus Habegger and the Team

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is my first visit in Saas Fee but the eighth time I stayed at a Sunstar hotel. Like all other Sunstar hotels, this has a high standard of rooms, amenities and service. But what makes this outstanding is the hard work put in by the manager, Mr. Habegger. He is everywhere, from helping out breakfast to serving you the good-night drink at the bar. I even joked with him that he must be identical twins, as one moment he is in the restaurant, the next at the reception.

Room Tip: Get a superior room, and you will have a balcony and view of the mountains
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback. It so nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. In the main time we have had an off season with lots of time for me with my family. How ever now we are starting the winter season and I'm all the time in the hotel. We're relay hope to see you soon and which you all the best.

Klaus Habegger

Reviewed 2 September 2016

This is my first visit to Saas Fee and I primarily came for the hiking. As the summer is considered slow season, I was able to book a room at the Sunstar through the Armed Forces Vacation Club (AFVC) at a ridiculously low price for this area of Switzerland. I booked for a single (solo traveler) but was upgraded to a huge double room.

The mandatory breakfast buffet was superb. And while I personally do not eat 25CHF/day worth of breakfast, the variety of food options was very lovely. The wait staff (Stephanie) was very good and I can tell she works very hard. Dinner at the restaurant was also superb and Yvonne worked very hard trying to accommodate all her guests. And the one night of live music in the restaurant was a special treat.

The hotel also provided a free aperitif evening for new guests, a tour of the hotel (to include the original 1893 room) and behind the scenes with the kitchen, laundry, and wine cellar bar. I was disappointed that the wine bar is not open during the summer but apparently, it is full of guests during the winter season.

Also during the summer, the Saas region offers free bus and cable car transportation, in which the hotel gives you the pass. The pass also provides guests who drove, a 10% discount of the daily parking rate at the parking garage since no private vehicles are allowed in the village. As much as I took the bus and the cable cars because it was so easy to go from Saas Fee to Saas Grund, etc., I did not use my car for the entire week.

Finally, the hotel director, managers, and staff were superb. Special kudos to Klaus Habeggers, Kathrin Miller, and Caroline. Caroline was so helpful with mapping out where I should hike; how to get there, and was always at the front reception upon my return from various hikes. She told me that she was so excited to finally meet someone from Florida that we ended chatting most every night about her family, my family, etc. Her command of the English language was amazing. She has a very bright future with Sunstar.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Thank you very much for the lovely Feedback. The whole team is inspired by such good comments.
It would be with a big pleasure to welcoming you another time.