“beautiful views, good breakfast”
Review of Landhotel Guglhupf

Landhotel Guglhupf
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Schwangau
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We enjoyed our two-night stay. The decor was cute - we liked all the teapots. The personnel was friendly and helpful. Our room had beautiful mountain views. I liked sitting on the balcony enjoying hot tea and dessert. The bed was ok - could have been a bit softer and my husband and I both banged our heads multiple times on the slanted ceiling (that was overall the biggest negative for us). The bathroom was good - there is a tub, which I enjoyed both nights, but the jacuzzi button didn't seem to have been working. I liked having the tea set up in the room. There was also a coffee machine downstairs and cake (though only on the first afternoon; we were really looking forward to it on the second but there was none).
Breakfast was very good with many sweet and savory choices. I especially liked the muesli and the signature mini guglhupfs. Don't mill your own grains as I did. I was intrigued by the mill as I'd never seen one before. They are completely indigestible unless you have guts of steel. Much better to go for the premade muesli. I also liked that they had non-dairy milk. Jams are homemade and delicious.
The hotel is well located (not in town, but very close to both Schwangau and Fussen) and there was free parking. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay, they treated us like family, had to leave early one morning and they told us to come in early and they would pack us a breakfast. The room was clean and we had a pleasant stay. There was a balcony with a small table and chairs for us to use. They also gave us a recipe for a breakfast cake that was Delicious! Great stay and pleasant helpful staff!

Room Tip: We did not have a room overlooking the mountains but we were rarely in our room, we were busy sight...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed here after staying at a wonderful, charming small hotel in Rothenburg. We were welcomed by the friendly staff, but the room was small and the bed was very uncomfortable. The down cover they provided was too warm for the un air conditioned room in August, with no cover sheet or light blanket provided. We tossed and turned all night, and the child running around over us on the wooden floor kept us up, even thought we went to bed late. On the plus side, the hotel is well situated at the end of the Romantic Road, and the room was immaculate. The buffet breakfast is very nice and includes many items, hot and cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. I think the third floor room(s) accommodate families and the seco...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sanibelle1
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great hosts. The food and breakfast was outstanding!!!! The wifi was unusable. Couldn't get any work done on computer and phone Also wouldn't connect. Rooms are beautiful and the marble floors are nice. With that being said, the tub is high and nearly to my thighs and slippery and fell getting out so I would not bring seniors here. They charge extra for kids. 37 euro, didn't expect that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Cute hotel. Room was a little tight since we were party of 4 (2 adults and 2 children), but that is my only complaint. Great location, free parking, of course free internet. Very friendly staff/family that runs it. Oh and I have to talk about breakfast; different kinds of homemade jam, different butters and spreads, variety of cheeses and "lunch meats", homemade breads and sweet breads, fruits, yogurts,...hot chocolate. Yes, we visited in July, but is was rainy and a bit chilly so hot chocolate was a big hit with my family. Oh and when asked for a recipe for one of their desserts the lady said no problem and printed me a copy. Breakfast heaven ;)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvtoTravelFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwangau
0.5 km away
1.7 km away
Hotel Sonne
Hotel Sonne
#1 of 41 in Fussen

Been to Landhotel Guglhupf? Share your experiences!