See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 March 2016

We booked a fairly last minute stay at Hotel Neuschwanstein and changed our reservation twice leading up to our visit as we added on additional members to our party.

The folks at Hotel Neuschwanstein were incredibly patient and accommodating and we felt warmly welcomed upon arrival. Our two rooms were spacious and had lovely little balconies for enjoying the views. We were really pleased with the castle views and the very short walk to the nearby restaurant/Schlossbrauhaus.

Breakfast was your normal European breakfast, but it was very well-presented and with a delicious cinnamon bread.

All in all a really nice stay that I'd definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2015

This was a really generously proportioned room, with a separate bedroom for the kids (rare in Europe we found) with fabulous views of both castles from our family room upstairs. The breakfast was also generous and it had a big bathtub and lovely hot hot water. The rooms are not ultra modern, but they don't need to be. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2015

The staff were excellent, couldn't do enough to help. The dinner was excellent. fantastic, wholesome, traditional food and brilliant service. The setting was beautiful, fantastic views of the castle and mountains. The restaurant was homely and comfortable with quite a number of locals eating there. The rooms were simple, but very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Walked in hoping for a room, no reservation, they were able to accommodate us. Very friendly, gave us a room looking directly at the castles and mountains from our balcony. Breakfast included, a huge plus. Room was very clean and comfortable. we really liked the old B&B style of this place, very warm and welcoming.

Highly recommend staying here instead of in Fussen, there is a great little beer garden just 5 mins walking down the road with a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the mountains or castle!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J W
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I arrived in Schwangau without having made arrangements for overnight. We saw the details of this hotel/cafe at the Tourist Information Office. Having rung a few other places first, we discovered that most were full, but also that hosts were reluctant to rent their room for one night only. However, when I rang this guesthouse, although her tone betrayed such reluctance, she assigned us a room and kindly waited for us to arrive. The hotel was a difficult to find in the dark, even with the sat nav, as it is just off the main road. We kept missing the turning as it is down a narrow lane. However, there is a free parking area at the back.

The hotel is more of a guest house or "Pension" really, a typical German Gasthof, but it had all we needed for a comfortable night's stay. We were on the top floor, where the roof was slanted over the bath, which made it difficult to use the hand held shower. You couldn't stand, so we had to have baths instead and use the hand shower for washing hair. I must say that I did not detect any great smell of smoke. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke, but I have absolutely no complaint about this place. I think you have to remember that smoking is still acceptable in most places in Germany, but in any case I was certainly not bothered and I did not see anyone smoking.

The breakfast was ample, with a variety of "Wurst", cheese ,eggs, breads, cake, jams, etc. Plenty of coffe for my husband and peppermint tea for me. The breakfast room faced the castles and is what you can see on the above photo on the ground floor, so the view is unobstructed by walls or even any other buildings - a wonderful start to the day to see the castles and mountains, even if part of Neuschwanstein was covered with scaffolding! A brilliant situation, a garden outside. I don't think you could do any better in Schwangau.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple