We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schwangau
Hotel Neuschwanstein
Ranked #15 of 23 Schwangau B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Walked in hoping for a room, no reservation, they were able to accommodate us. Very friendly, gave us a room looking directly at the castles and mountains from our balcony. Breakfast included, a huge plus. Room was very clean and comfortable. we really liked the old B&B style of this place, very warm and welcoming.

Highly recommend staying here instead of in Fussen, there is a great little beer garden just 5 mins walking down the road with a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the mountains or castle!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J W

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I arrived in Schwangau without having made arrangements for overnight. We saw the details of this hotel/cafe at the Tourist Information Office. Having rung a few other places first, we discovered that most were full, but also that hosts were reluctant to rent their room for one night only. However, when I rang this guesthouse, although her tone betrayed such reluctance, she assigned us a room and kindly waited for us to arrive. The hotel was a difficult to find in the dark, even with the sat nav, as it is just off the main road. We kept missing the turning as it is down a narrow lane. However, there is a free parking area at the back.

The hotel is more of a guest house or "Pension" really, a typical German Gasthof, but it had all we needed for a comfortable night's stay. We were on the top floor, where the roof was slanted over the bath, which made it difficult to use the hand held shower. You couldn't stand, so we had to have baths instead and use the hand shower for washing hair. I must say that I did not detect any great smell of smoke. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke, but I have absolutely no complaint about this place. I think you have to remember that smoking is still acceptable in most places in Germany, but in any case I was certainly not bothered and I did not see anyone smoking.

The breakfast was ample, with a variety of "Wurst", cheese ,eggs, breads, cake, jams, etc. Plenty of coffe for my husband and peppermint tea for me. The breakfast room faced the castles and is what you can see on the above photo on the ground floor, so the view is unobstructed by walls or even any other buildings - a wonderful start to the day to see the castles and mountains, even if part of Neuschwanstein was covered with scaffolding! A brilliant situation, a garden outside. I don't think you could do any better in Schwangau.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reesiea1
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Not only were the hotel accommodations more than adequate, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced (not to mention extremely good location), but the owners were so kind to email back and forth with me re: the clothing i accidentally left in the closet. We were unable to come back through Schwangau to pick the articles up, so they so graciously took the time to figure out what the postage would be, and mailed them back to us here in the U.S. This was definitely above and beyond and totally my own fault! We recommend them highly!

Room Tip: Some rooms face the two nearby castles with amazing view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JanCalifornia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Hi, my Dad and I stayed at the Hotel Neuschwanstein Pension in Schwangu, Germany, so we could go and visit the Castle Neuschwanstein. The Hotel was lovely, we both had single rooms, very quaint. I absolutely loved the bath, very relaxing.

A lovely breakfast of boiled eggs, croissants, good coffee, and oj, with a spectacular view of Castle Neuschwanstein.

I thoroughly recommend for a stay with very good rates, and lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

we had a wonderful stay at this lovely hotel. the view from our sitting room was spectacular and the castle views were the coolest ever! the hosts are very helpful and kind hearted. Staff are always cheerful and willing to assist where necessary. very cosy environment and clean and fresh!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lidia M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwangau
0.3 km away
Hotel Waldmann
#5 of 16 in Schwangau
0.9 km away
Das Koenig Ludwig Wellness & SPA Resort Allgaeu

Been to Hotel Neuschwanstein? Share your experiences!