See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner recommended by the hotel. Dinner was ok although nothing to shout about. Service very good though and the place was clean and welcoming. Worth the money but as I said it wasn't anything to shout about,

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Don't like to use the word rude because that's too extreme but definitely the most disinterested check in experience that I have ever had. The entire conversation consisted of, given the key and 'this is yours, 1st floor' then turned her back to speak to a colleague. I was drenched having been caught out in a heavy rainstorm on a bike trip so carried my case upstairs. when I dried off I realised that I needed to know where to park the bike and also about Wi-Fi so I went downstairs and there was a guy on the phone at reception who just ignored me until I decided it was getting a bit uncomfortable and went to find where to park the bike myself.
Room fine, clean and comfortable, breakfast ok but Nesselwang isn't the most exciting place in the world and the nice outside area to have a beer was closed, it was raining but much of it was covered so I can't really see why.
Didn't eat there because of the service experience earlier and having had a beer in the restaurant I decided to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Stayed one night for one purpose: enjoying the annual goose meat in mid-November. Great reception and hospitality. Spacious rooms at very advantageous rate (especially compared to Switzerland!) and superb food in the restaurant for our afternoon snack, the big evening meal and the breakfast. Can thoroughly recommend this hotel. There are two minor issues, being the room heating (was very cold when we got there) and there is only a "public" gravel parking upside the hill which is a bit an issue if you don't want your car to sit outside over night. Other than that, a perfect weekend getaway and we will certainly go back.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

The restaurant at the hotel post was one of the best I had during my trip to Germany, if you have a car and are in fussen, then drive over here for an evening local brewed beer and delicious food.

the Local dishes are spectacular, and the beer unique for the area.

would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

family of 5 stayed for about 5 nights. clean and spacious rooms, restaurant was open every day and they took us even when they were booked with reserve seating. English was hardly spoken so a traslator came in handy. staff gives out wifi vouchers that last for 1/2 or 1 day. This place is a microbrewery too so lots of gourmet beer choices to go with the traditional fare. also breakfast is included and was good quality but lacked in variety. Be sure to ask for konigscard (a card) which gives you free transport among other activities for the local bus abd train route. that card saved my family lots of cash and don't know why the hotel doesn't do more to promote the card and benefits. nice cozy village that's a short ride to Reutte or Ehrwald for the zugspitze. staff was very helpful getting me back to the train station as the taxis are not readily available. try to a range for transport when arriving if you have lots of bags. its a 10 minute walk to the train station but is a challenge with multiple 50 lb bags. I wold stay here again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family