Hotel Alpenrose(Nesselwang)
USD 179
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Gaestehaus Kerpf(Nesselwang)
All reviewswalking distancestayed here for nightscomfortable roomsexcellent locationgranolain housemake your ownshort distancepretzelsski liftegg omeletexplorersportsfacilitieshillaccessdogs
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Recently, stayed here and had a wonderful time. Parking was easy, in house or next to the hotel on the road. Breakfast was very interesting, you could make your own skillet of eggs and stuff yourself... too cool.

Stayed: September 2017
Anbieter, Reception at Explorer Hotel Neuschwanstein, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hallo dear guest,
we would like to thank you very much for your great reply and the lovely words about our Explorer hotel. We were more than happy to see you in Germany at the Alpspitz and the Allgäu. The Explorer Hotels are indeed very interesting when it comes to sporty, casual holiday in the mountain. Exploring the nature is just endless and exiting. Don’t forget to check out our other destinations in Germany and Austria. Kind regards, Andrei, Alexandra and the whole team

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Very open and light coloured hotel with young friendly Staff. As expected a budget plus sport concept ideal for bikers, skiërs and nature lovers.
All you need is available at the bar, breakfast or reception. Good clean rooms all in the same wood, green concept.
Many guests with children or dogs, but all in perfect harmony.
Good restaurants and bars in walking distance.
This small chain of new fresh hotels might be a winner in more countries!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Anbieter, Reception at Explorer Hotel Neuschwanstein, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Hello Maayek,
we would like to thank you very much for your fantastic reply and the nice description of our Explorer Hotel in Nesselwang. We are planning to open many more buildings to extend the Explorer Hotel concept in Europe. We are looking forward welcoming you once again in Nesselwang. Kind regards, Ciara, Ben and the whole Team

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Our family of 4 loved this hotel! We stayed for only one night in the summertime but would love to come back. It's obvious this hotel caters to people who like adventure; the lobby has places to store your bikes and skis and also a place to do some bike repair. The location is great - close to the ski lift and only a short distance to the little town. The rooms were nicely decorated, modern, had lots of space to store clothing and equipment. The breakfast buffet was excellent - fresh breads, pretzels, yogurts, eggs you can make any way you want, coffees, teas, lunch meats, granola, anything you could want! There is a bar on site that also serves dinner, and a great traditional German restaurant on the property as well. I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank marsjunk47
Anbieter, Manager at Explorer Hotel Neuschwanstein, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hello traveler,
we would like to thank you very much for your great reply. Indeed, the Explorer Hotels are the perfect base camp for your trip to the mountains. All our hotels are located at fabulous spots and invite you to explorer the region. Includes in the room rates are always the breakfast buffet, the WIFI, our sport and spa area and of cause the personal experience of our team. We are looking forward welcoming you once again. Warm regards from Nesselwang, Ciara, Christin and the whole team

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Excellent location for sports and for a relaxing holiday. Clean, comfortable rooms with views of the mountains, a gym and sauna. Delicious breakfasts are served and beautifully. The staff was friendly and helpful.
We stayed here for 2 nights.The first day visit to beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle, and the other we took the Alpspitzbahn up to the cable car. Amazing view. The second cable car leads to the bobsleigh track. The child several times going down the track. Very pleased.
We will definitely come back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tatiana353
Anbieter, Manager at Explorer Hotel Neuschwanstein, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Hello Tatiana,
thank you very much for your great response and the fabulous feedback to our team. We are delighted that we could give you a great stay in Nesselwang and the surrounding mountains. All the Explorer Hotels welcome you with nice hotel rooms in the Alps were you can visit and discover many places. Back in the hotel a nice spa area and our Explorer bar welcomes you in the evening. Furthermore, we are happy to assist you with tips for your trip. We are looking forward to see you soon. Kind regards Karl, Ciara and the Explorer Hotel Team

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I really am torn with regard to how I feel about the Explorer Neuschwanstein in Nesselwang. I spent a week here with my husband and toddler and whilst we enjoyed our holiday, I'm not 100% sure whether we'd stay here again. I think I'm just going to do a list of the positives and negatives then let readers make up their own minds!

Positives:
* Friendly and mostly very helpful staff. Email queries dealt with quickly.

* Very clean, rooms serviced daily, towels and bedlinen of good quality.

* Comfortable beds, though as previous reviewer has mentioned, two singles pushed together to make a double. I understand why this happens but would prefer a proper double.

* Continental breakfast was nice enough, bar snacks also fine.

* Stunning location, great access to the ski lifts/cable cars (you can buy a discounted ticket at reception) and some lovely walks from the door step.

* Plenty of parking.

* Nesselwang is a nice little town, plenty of restaurants and supermarkets, good road and rail links to the surrounding area. A good base for exploring Ostallgäu.

Negatives:
* Other guests! Never have I seen such a bunch of miseries on holiday! Some mornings it looked like it would kill them to break a smile over breakfast. I know Explorer have no control over this so it's a bit unfair to include this in the review but the very chilly reception from and sometimes outright rude behaviour of other guests puts me off returning. I don't know if it was because we were the English minority (although not a problem for us as we speak and understand German to a competent level and don't want to be surrounded by Brits when away anyway) but we just didn't get a positive vibe from the fellow holidaymakers. I'd often say 'guten Morgen' to not even get a glance in return - if you're sharing a breakfast table, I think it's nice just to say hello as you sit... maybe I'm wrong??

* In my opinion the dining area is too small for the amount of rooms in the hotel and badly laid out for breakfast. Things are in corners, not easy to access as other guests didn't seem to care about anyone but themselves. I found myself pushed aside more than once! Although the 'cook your own eggs' idea is nice, something I've never seen before, we never actually managed to use it because there are only three stations. We didn't stand a chance of getting on one.

* No hot drink making facilities in the room. Yes you can buy a coffee in the bar but over the course of the week this gets expensive. The room has the basic facilities of a budget hotel (no kettle, no hair dryer, no phone) but not the budget prices! I expected more in the room for what we paid.

* The snacks you can buy of an evening in the bar were fairly good quality but a hotel of that size and in the location where it is, really needs a proper restaurant or more choice on the current menu. In the summer it is nice to stroll down the hill into town to eat but I can imagine in the winter, when the hill is covered in snow, I would very quickly get fed up of Pflammkuchen or chorizo sandwiches.

* Whilst the decor is very modern and mostly pleasant, every night we went to sleep and every morning we woke up, we were greeted to the sight of the legs of a man in cycling shorts stepping over our bed. The poster on the ceiling was quite literally a picture of a man's Lycra clad crotch from underneath. Never before had I seen a stranger from this angle, never do I want to see it again! I don't get it, it added nothing to what was otherwise a nicely decorated room.

* The rooms are quite compact. Having a child's bed in the room meant there was nowhere else to sit but on the beds and there was no room to walk down the side of one bed. Rooms are better suited to just two people.

* As noted in previous reviews, you can hear noise from other rooms and people walking around above. As a result we were also very conscious that our toddler would disturb others so we couldn't completely relax. If we could hear other guests, they'd be able to hear us. Also due to the positioning of our room, we could hear people talking on the decking below during the evening when trying to get the little one to sleep.

All in all, we did enjoy our week in Nesselwang. The hotel was comfortable enough, it wasn't terrible but then it wasn't amazing either. The staff were friendly and the views were beautiful. Put a kettle in the rooms, have better access to warm food at breakfast, extend the menu in the evening and get rid of the stupid posters on the ceiling and it would vastly improve the experience. I think we would probably return if in the area but for not more than night or two as the hotel lacks those 'creature comforts' we have come to expect when on holiday.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Anbieter, Manager at Explorer Hotel Neuschwanstein, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Hello Traveler,
thank you very much for your detailed feedback we are always happy to hear your thoughts about the Explorer Hotel concept. We thank you very much for your nice words about our team members and the location. The Explorer Hotels have been created to give you a great opportunity to discover the mountain area around Nesselwang and teh Allgäu. The concept focuses on the sporty mountain discoverer who would like to see the surrounding nature. The rooms have a functional design with lots of hangers, open shelves and lots of storage possibilities. The big picture above the bed you are talking about very detailed, is meant to animate you for an exiting day in the mountains. I do understand that you might be fed up with the biker after one week. I really have to apologize for that.
Regarding the dining possibilities. All Explorer Hotel don´t have a restaurant. We offer great variety of snacks and drinks. The reason why we don´t have an additional restaurant with warm dishes in the house is because of the great Bavarian cuisine in Nesselwang. We have many restaurants nearby who serve fantastic food.
Regarding the cattle. Those have not been imlemented becasue of the great coffee machine at the bar where we also serve tea and also the hot water (hot water for no charge) One more thing I would like to appologize for are our other guests. I totally understand that the behavior created an unwelcoming feeling. Furthermore, I would like to take the uncomfortable feeling from you because of your child. We love to see children in the Explorer Hotels and we also do support you with anything you might need in addition. Nesselwang offers a great holiday program where we are part of and the great location next to the mountain the nearby playgrounds are perfect for kids. Lastly, I would like to offer you my open ear for any further comments or remarks. I would be happy to hear from you. Kind regards from Nesselwang Jonas