“Fabulous Wine Restaurant!!!”

Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Oberwesel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

If you visit Oberwesel this restaurant is a must! Super food, great wine, and friendly service all at a very reasonable price. The interior is old world weinstube charming. Or you can dine outside in the lovely garden. We will definitely go back again....and again! I particularly liked the goat cheese salad!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable meal. The atmosphere and wine were both excellent. The building and small garden were very charming. We loved the weiner schnitzel (best we’ve had) and salads. One person had trout that was not quite as good as the other dishes. We also really liked our servers, who actually asked us to tip less!

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Good traditional German restaurant set in a medieval scenery. Great to eat al fresco when the weather permits. Waiter was a bit awkward but that is a mere detail.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I was recommended to this restaurant by my accommodation in Oberwesel, and I can certainly endorse their choice. Located very centrally in the town, it has both substantial outdoor seating in a pleasant courtyard and good indoor space as well. I had a dish of local trout, well cooked and served, and followed it with a pannacotta with stewed plums - which worked rather better then it sounds.

Service was quick, friendly, and efficient; the food and drink were all good, and the prices reasonable. I'd be quite happy to eat here again.

2  Thank Mike_Sheffield2
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had dinner here while staying overnight in Oberwesel. Chose this restaurant because of its high ranking, and were not disappointed.

The décor is interesting, to say the least; the rooms are furnished using old pieces from days gone by. We got a table in the “kitchen” room, and there was a lot of stuff, from machines to utensils, that kept us attracted while waiting for the food.

The waiter was probably a trainee and his command of English was limited, but we managed quite well regardless. For starters we had fried chevre cheese with honey and walnuts, very tasty. As main course we chose traditional Wiener schnitzel. The portion was ENORMOUS. Mine came with TWO schnitzels, and I could not finish it, just because of the size – the taste was fine, but not extraordinary. My wife had wisely requested something smaller, and they were happy to deliver just half a portion, which would have been quite sufficient for me as well.

For dessert we shared Crème brûlée with berry compote. Good.

All flushed down with a big carafe of red wine, which was excellent. Made us happily tipsy for our short walk back to the hotel.

1  Thank kjraiha