“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Review of Gasthof Bodner

Gasthof Bodner
Price range: USD 3 - USD 28
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I can say only good words about this location . I came here for lunch with my family and we eat very good food ( and correct price ) in a fantastic atmosphere . Congratulation for all team who work here !!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Varied menu, very pleasant staff and excellent food. Would recommend. You may need to book in high season.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Very good food and a nice atmosphere.
However, check your bill before paying.
We discovered we had 10 € extra on our bill for a soda and a cocktail we never ordered. Unfortunatelly, we only saw this after we got to the hotel and the place was already closed.
Also, the kitchen closes at 9 and they were gathering/cleaning everything by 10 p.m., so the opening hours on TripAdvisor are not helpful/correct.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Within walking distance of Peterskirsche in Leipzig. Great food and service - adjacent to garden eating but only self service for garden. Full meals indoors only. Only reason not 5 Star. Cool place though.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

This place was not suggested by my host at the Gasthaus I checked into, but Tripadvisor was spot on again, so thanks for everyone who left reviews. Trying to do my fair share too. :)

The place is a typical Gasthof with waitresses in blue and white (Bayern colors), interior is made of wood with lots of decoration, some windows facing the mountains.

Wednesday afternoon the place was quite full at 6 PM, I guess the locals like it too as I haven't heard any other language just German. As the tables are large in the middle (for 8 or more person) they seated a couple next to me (wasn't a problem).

Ordered the Cordon Bleu which came with french fries and salad, also with mayo and ketchup in small sacks. Portion is big, I was hungry after 200 kms of motorbike trip from Cesky Krumlov, but it totally filled me up and it was tasty too. Downed it with a Berchtesgaden Hell beer and asked for the bill. Payed 20 Eur with tip, also got a free Schnapps.

Overall it was a good, decently priced meal with quick waitresses and kitchen. Definitely check it out if you're around.

Date of visit: May 2018