All reviews town square boiled eggs an easy walk train station group parking
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was my fifth visit to this hotel. I return because I like the tranquility of Altöttling, the location of the hote and the standards they maintain. Once you figure out how to get to the parking it is extremly convient. I was coming from Salzburg but needed to be in Munich airport in the mid morning. This would have meant to I needd either to stay in Salzburg and get up very early or stay in Munich which is a crazy price. Altötting give me the benifit of a short drive and a less expensive night's accomodation.
The only down this time was the room was not as nice as previous rooms I had stayed in and the surprise I got when I open my cold hard boiled eggs to find that they were instead cold soft boiled eggs, something I'm not a customed to.
Everything else was to its normal high standard.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This was the second time I have stayed there in two years and had a beautiful room at the rear. The rooms are modern, large and well fitted and spotlessly clean.
The staff are extremely helpful and the bar manager, Mark was very welcoming.
This hotel is right in the centre of the town and has magnificent views across the town square. Parking overnight is free and underground near the hotel. Food in the hotel, served on the front veranda under awnings is modern versions of Bavarian dishes and very tasty.
Breakfast was a little minimalistic and could be improved on but service attentive.
I can't wait to go back to this hotel, well done to the friendly and well trained staff

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2016

My family recently stayed at this hotel; we booked a total of 7 rooms. The reservation was a bit complicated because of different people coming at different times and not being 100% who was coming when and staying how long, etc. The staff was super flexible and accommodating throughout. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous! It's definitely worth it to pay the few extra euros for a view of the Kapellplatz. The food and restaurant staff are also really wonderful! This is a world class hotel, for sure.

Room Tip: Absolutely pay the extra few euros for a room on the Kapellplatz. Such a gorgeous view!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I did not stay at the hotel but had a quick lunch right on the square. The staff was very accommodating to my schedule as our group was soon leaving. Schnitzel and two beers. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Well worth it for the beauty and peacefulness.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2016

This is a lovely hotel, but as usual when you go through booking.com you get shoved in the back room overlooking a building site. The rooms are comfortable but were woken at 7 in the morning by construction workers, which was not acceptable. I would stay here again as long as I had a front room and the construction work was completed.

Room Tip: Front room
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family