See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

No one opens the door from the parkGarage when you arrive, you have to walk outside and then in.
Wi-Fi doesn't work at all.
Beds too little (i'm 1.85 tall and my feet were almost out of bed).
Rooms old and small, not like in Booking pictures.
Pillows are thinner than blankets.
Food in the restaurant nothin special.
The worst thing: i was accused by a waitress (redhaired one) that i didn't pay my dinner bill in Front of all the costumers in the Restaurant. It was a very ashaming moment for me. When I showed her the bill, she didn't excuse and ran away. Incredible!
The only positive thing is the good breakfast.
I sleep in more than 140 Hotels in Germany every year (for work), and this was one of the worst experiences.
I don't suggest this hotel to single business travellers.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank 147federicos
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Comfortable bed although ramped up against the wall. Very tiny but ok shower. A very spartan single room. Tiny towel. Ok for the night. Decent breakfast. Kind staff and good price for the room. Not sure I will be back

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Spent one night here in late September. Arrived after reception had closed and they left the hotel/room keys for us in a lock box (very much appreciated and easy to use).

Hotel has a parking lot that fills up and also space in a nearby garage. We ended up parking on the street until the parking lot emptied and moved our car before breakfast.

Had room 118, a standard king. We didn't realize until later the hotel does offer theme rooms that seem quite exotic and would be fun to stay in (we saw different motifs on guest room doors as we went to our room).

The room was large and comfortable. Bed was very comfortable with excellent pillows and duvets. Bathroom amenities included shampoo and shower gel. Good towels. Hairdryer in bathroom.

Breakfast (included) was served buffet style and was quite sumptuous with plenty of food to last us well until lunchtime. Restaurant felt like we were eating in our own home with rustic beams and furnishing (we live in a log home).

Short walk to the town's main pilgrimage sights which we didn't know about until the next day! Would like to go back to Altotting and spend some more time at the Hotel Plankl and exploring the city.

Room Tip: Check out one of the theme rooms if you want something different
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2014 via mobile

The hotel has got theme rooms and the decoration might suprise but thanks to that there is special atmosphere.I recomend the hotel restaurant.there is also a nice pool and sauna.the location is peaceful and quiet.the staff are nice and helpful.I also recomend to visit the region for food and landscapes.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was in Altotting for work and was recommended this hotel by a colleague. It's a bit of a strange set-up... seems to be two hotels operated as one. I was in the building on the other side of the road from the main hotel, which i understand used to be a completely separate hotel. I had a single room, which was fairly small, but had everything I needed. The bathroom was huge though. The whole place was clean and nicely decorated. Staff were lovely and responded to my very poor German in perfect English! Breakfast buffet had a good selection. My colleague had a room in the main hotel building which was much bigger (in fact it had 3 separate sleeping areas, with 6 beds in total!) and had a built-in sauna, so the size of the rooms might depend on which side of the road you are located. All in all, a lovely hotel for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Plankl side of the road seem to be bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business