Parkhotel Frank(Oberstdorf)
USD 183
USD 142
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 180/night.

Hotel Bergruh(Oberstdorf)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmin walktagermansbedroomnebelhorn
Reviewed 1 September 2016

After thinking about this, I'm a bit disappointed and would have to agree with another reviewer that the staff was friendly but not necessarily knowledgeable. We were told the Nebelhorn was closed, though we later found out it was open at mid-station. We were also told the goulash was not served all day, though it is stated so in the absurdly large packet of papers you receive upon check-in. Because of that dilemma (hungry child) I bought a piece of cake, but based on someone else's review they offer free coffee/cake in the afternoons, which the other person found out about accidentally and we never found out about at all. Shame! Given the price, you should not be on your own to figure this out or find out in the reviews of others. I paid for cake and goulash, which eventually showed up. The clientele are mature and we seemed to be the only family. I was never offered a high-chair. The room was clean but the decor felt mature and cluttered. The breakfast bar was good, the swimming pool is very nice, and the small bar near the main entrance was convenient.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank virtualfruitcake
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We were here for a family gathering so the hotel was able to accommodate our large group. Family stayed in the hotel building, house rooms, and apartments. All together we had 8 rooms and 5 1-2 bedroom apartments with kitchens.

Breakfast was delicious- breads, cereals, eggs, cold cuts and cheeses.

Front desk staff were always cordial and helpful, but not always knowledgable. We asked about a local massage and not only did they not know where to refer, they didnt know services were offered at the hotel itself. Laundry takes 1-2 days and they didnt have a recommendation for options. Knowing German definitely helps but overall we found the hotel and the town tourist-friendly.

Everything is within 10 minutes walking and incredibly convenient.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

This is one of those hotels that is quite nice but not exceptional. Everything works well but it's not quite outstanding.

I'd happily stay here again but I'd look around first.

Staff nice, breakfast okay to nice. In fact NICE is the word that says it all, in a world where we look for something special.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2016

I've been here a couple of times before, and I always got nice rooms - but not this time.
I've been firstly assigned a room which is worst than the worst hostel i've ever been - tiny, old, with a kid sized single bed - trapped between the elevator and the housekeeping closet. And so dusty, i've started sneezing as soon as i got in. I've have it changed, but since they're fully booked, the second one is pretty much the same, only slightly larger. But smells like dust and old, and i've been up 'til 5 am because the mattress is terrible, hurts my back. Since this is a 4 star hotel, and I know there are nice rooms upstairs, I feel insulted.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Nice staff and rooms were very clean. Quaint hotel that had nice restaurant. Didn't realize that you have to make reservations just to get dinner at 1730 anywhere in town. I got denied by nearly a dozen places with empty rooms simply because I had no reservation. I was a little disappointed, but should realized that Germans assume people take over tables the whole night even if it's just one person.

Overall would stay here again if I was in Obertsdorf, just not for New Years.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo