All reviews early flight rooms are clean friendly hotel town centre two nights business trip museum euro germany
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I have Platinum status with Le Club AccorHotels. Three days ago, I called the Ibis at Friedrichshafen Airport to inquire about room availability for Saturday night (17th March). I also inquired about parking and was told that parking was free. On Friday evening, after booking a room for my wife and I for Saturday, I called the hotel to request a specific room location and to inquire again about parking (I wanted to be sure). Once again, I was told that parking was free.

When my wife and I arrived at the Ibis on Saturday afternoon to check in, however, we were told that there was a 7 Euro fee for parking. Naturally, I protested and told the lady on the reception what I had been told on the phone. She told me that this could not be true as everyone at the hotel knows that parking is not free. I asked her if she was calling me a liar. I then asked to speak to the manager, but she told me that she was the acting manager. I protested once again about the parking fee and reiterated (several times) that I had been told on the phone that parking was free. I told her that I should not have to pay the fee because I had been given incorrect information and that I would not have booked the hotel if I had know that there was a parking fee. She still refused waive the fee.

I then suggested that speak to her manager or we would leave the hotel, but when she came back after several minutes, she said that she had been unable to reach the manager. I told her that my wife and I would not stay at the hotel if I was forced to pay a parking fee. I also told her that I would lodge a complaint with Accor about her attitude. She still refused to waive the parking fee. It was extremely embarrassing. In the end, I told her that we would cancel the booking and find another hotel for the night. She seemed quite happy to lose a valuable guest rather than waive the parking fee. In fact, she told us that she would cancel the booking for us while we waited at the reception. After she had confirmed cancellation, we left the hotel and immediately drove to the nearby Comfort Hotel where we were made to feel very welcome and where we spent a very comfortable night.

But the story is not over yet: At about 18.50, just before we checked into the Comfort Hotel, my wife said that she would check to see if the acting manager at the Ibis had, in fact, cancelled our booking. To our disgust, she discovered that the booking had not been cancelled. The acting manager at the Ibis had lied to us. Fortunately, we were able to cancel the booking online before the 19.00 deadline, otherwise we would have been changed for a room at the Ibis as well as the room at the Comfort Hotel.

We will never book a room at the Ibis at Friedrichshafen Airport again and we will not recommend it to our family, friends or colleagues. We have many colleagues. The attitude of the acting manager was disgraceful and unforgivable. When I told the Comfort hotel what had happened, they said that they would never argue with a guest and that they would simply waive the parking fee.

When a situation like this arises and a guest feels that he or she has been misinformed, the hotel should never argue with the guest. The guest should always be given the benefit of the doubt and made to feel welcome. Allowing a guest (or guests) to leave for the sake of 7 Euros makes no business sense at all.

I will lodge a formal complain with Accor on Monday morning.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Had some business in the near town.
The Hotel is right on the airport, meaning you are 300 meters from the plane to the hotel lobby, very convenient, specifically if you leave on a early flight.

Rooms are clean and good enough for a good night sleep. Bathroom is a little too small in my opinion I'm 6"2. It would be nice if there was a coffee and tea amenities but there isn't.

Breakfast is good, at night the lobby offers draft beer and a good burger if you don't want to leave the hotel.

Staff is friendly.

Enjoy

Ron

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ibisFN, Manager at Ibis Friedrichshafen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.

S. Handrick

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
ibisFN, Leiter Front Office at Ibis Friedrichshafen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Quick, efficient, clean. What's not to like. Five minutes into town by fast train and only two minutes in the morning to catch the early flight. The staff are lovely and helpful. Flights stop early, so good sleep as well!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Biker friendly hotel with excellent management, always helpful to make your stay comfortable. We enjoyed our stay because of the friendly and always helpful staff. The hotel is a bit outside of town but in an interesting area right next to the Dornier Museum and airport.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisFN, Manager at Ibis Friedrichshafen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.
Greetings from the Friedrichshafen