All reviews steak very nice hotel top floor enjoyed my stay comfortable rooms breakfast room restaurant
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a friends wedding. Our room was in the renovated part, and I really loved how stylish it was designed. Every detail was tasteful, room was clean, and lighting very cozy. Lovely idea with a wall upside down decoration. Wedding reception was in the hotel as well, and food was very, very good, especially entries. One minor suggestion, also with regard to breakfast: please include pure green tea to you tea selection. They also have little SPA are with tiny indoor pool and two saunas - we did not have time to enjoy it, however, we sneaked in to take a look: cozy, romantic, clean, and functional - my impression. I do recommend Lippischer Hof hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the room in newly renovated (or built?) building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staff on front desk poor,not very welcoming,breakfast was a great disapointment, nice view, but cold cooked food . We have stayed here
Many times , but I feel money has taken over from customer service, not for us anymore

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ukkkkkke
LippischerHofBS, Verkaufsleiter at Alstadt-Palais Lippischer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear guest! Thank you for you assessment on Tripadvisor.de.
Referring to this we would like to confer with you.
Please contact us under mueller@hof-hotels.de
or call us under +49 5222 534 300.
Thank you in advance!
Justina Müller / assistance of management

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff there are pretty nice. Can take sometime for them to respond at the bar. and the rooms a pretty nice.

I stayed there for three trip lasting two weeks, with a colleague who was already staying there.

Unfortunately the simple things for the price are missing here.

There is no fitness centre as stated in the description. Only a small hydro pool.

The biggest problem is the internet connection it is so slow its pretty much useless, and never gets any better. 35kbps was the fastest it ever got to. I mean that's slower than the old 56K!! Reception just says 'that's how it is'. I know The area has good internet in other establishments.

other things that may bother you. No double beds (despite the description). No bath only a shower. Breakfast is average.

For me not having internet in this day and age is silly, so will try to stay elsewhere in future

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very peaceful and a great restaurant with fantastic food.
I stayed in the new part which hasn't been open long and has cables hanging down, a lift which isn't finished, faulty heating, no phones in the room and no air con.
The breakfast room is great with a nice big terrace but for some reason the waiters never offered me coffee as they seemed to do for everyone else.
The first room they gave me was unmade and dirty, the next room was nicer with a balcony with great views but very hot as the heating was faulty and stuck on full blast, they're didn't know this until I told them, guess their bill will be higher.
The mini bar is free.... if you book online which I didn't so I feel slightly miffed.
There is a tall narrow window in the wall between the bath room and main room, there in no privacy curtain or blind so if your sharing the room you can see everything the other person is doing!
I met the owner to discuss the heating and he was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've travelled on business to this area for years, and stayed in the Lippischer Hof many times.

Rooms - they have a wide range, and basically you get what you pay for - the suites are fantastic, the premier rooms very nice, and the basic rooms - nice but basic. Some of the premier rooms feel poky, as they've tried to fit in a lot of things into a slightly too small space. That said, there are lots of nice touches that distinguish this from a lesser hotel.

Restaurant - the 'Walter's Pharmacy' restaurant, is fabulous. The meals are superb, if expensive.

Breakfast - this is a bit disappointing, simply by comparison with the restaurant. The breakfast is typical German, and good for that, but not outstanding. The restaurant sets the bar high, and the breakfast just matches what I'd expect from any other hotel of comparable quality.

Service - all the staff are great. English is spoken as a matter of course. The staff are genuinely friendly as opposed to forced 'customer service' false friendliness. You get genuine interaction as if they are enjoying their jobs. I hope that's really the case.

Fitness - a bit limited here. They have a pool which is the smallest pool I've ever seen (its barely more than a Jacuzzi). If you expect a gym then forget it. Take running shoes instead and go out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business