2,147 results
All reviews lake view lake constance dominican monastery former monastery small island interesting history old town private beach five star hotel set menu swimming area rooms overlooking railway line beautiful hotel every evening excellent stay lakeside room
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Hotel was very beatiful and classy and everything went well while my staying. Breakfast is also very good and there is something for everyone served. Just have to say that the only minus was the Zeppelin Bar, service was not good and prices really high. I recommend that if you stay in this hotel, have you dinner and couple of beers in other restaurants in Konstanz, there is a wide range of little restaurants nearby.

But if you want your hotel to be very classy and you don't need to saved money in accommodation costs, this hotel is your choice!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
InselHi, x at Steigenberger Inselhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a good stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2016

So enjoyed our stay. So lovely and relaxing by the lake. Fortunately the weather was good enough for us to breakfast on the lakeside for one morning out of the 3 whilst there. The breakfast restaurant over looks the lake and getting a window table was the next best thing. Breakfast was sumptuous and the staff very helpful despite my lack of German.
Little niggle was that we were not informed, on check in, that we would need to book a table for the evening meal in the lake view restaurant and so could not eat in there the first night. The traditional German restaurant in the hotel was good, excellant food and service but I personally found the decor oppresive.
Very historical hotel, great if you can find a guide to explain the history which we did. Worth the effort.

Room tip: Ask for a lake view with a balcony. Rooms on the 4th floor- there is no lift beyond 3rd floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a nice stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Had a reservation for two nights, one night in suite another in standard room. My request was to have a room for both night without change....result, i received the more poor room of the hotel, good furnished but very little spaces and bathroom, take care at room 208...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
InselHi, x at Steigenberger Inselhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
Steigenberger Inselhotel Team

Reviewed 17 April 2016

A truly wonderful hotel in a perfect location with excellent service. I only stayed one night but it was a lovely one-night stay. The whole hotel seems to be run by very friendly young ladies. Friendly young ladies at check-in, my room was ready early, lovely lakeside terrace restaurant for lunch - very friendly Mrs. Kraut. Nice sofas on the terrace for afternoon tea - friendly waitress brought me another pot of tea because first one was too weak. Dinner in the evening, again friendly Mrs. Kraut and another 2 young waitresses. Normally I don't have half-board hotel dinners but as I was alone I decided to enjoy a 4-course dinner in the splendid surroundings of the dining room. I only had a single room without lakeside view because I booked rather late but it was very well-appointed and was lovely. Friendly young ladies on check-out. Altogether a truly wonderful hotel with excellent service. I would highly recommend it. A touch of the old 'days-gone-by' hotel but in the positive sense. The building is a converted monastery. Thoroughly enjoyed my one-night stay and I will definitely be back time-and-time again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
InselHi, x at Steigenberger Inselhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Dear Guest, thank you very much for the great review of our hotel, we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Kind regards
Steigenberger Inselhotel Team

Reviewed 17 April 2016

This was not the first time we have been to this hotel. The view over the lake is stunning, the breakfasts are copious, varied and delicious. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. Just a pity that the weather was poor, but we discovered various interesting places in the surrounding area all the same.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple