See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2018

After finalizing my reservation I received a message from the hotel management that breakfast is not available so they offered us 10€ discount. It was very difficult to find an open shop for breakfast next Sunday morning at 07:30 and we had to go a nearby petrol station. Room is okay no doubt regarding cleanness but needs a comprehensive renovation. TV was not working, I guess batteries of remote control were empty. View of backside room was not good. Bathroom was very small you need to stand outside while washing your hands. No carpark exists in front of the hotel and you need to park your car to main public parking. Hotel providing daily parking ticket for 10€. This is common for city. If you want to stay in cheap room it is okay but if you need something more romantic this is not your place. It was my first stay in Konstanz and I'm not sure if all hotels have similar conditions

Room Tip: Backside rooms have awful view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel is poorly maintained, with paper thin walls, paint coming off the wall and uncomfortable beds. But the worst was - I am a solo female traveller - being yelled at and called named (I understand enough German swear words) because his card machine didn't work during check-in. He yelled at me that my card didn't work (it worked fine but I had others) and that I MUST pay. Even after I told him I had cash and got my wallet he kept yelling and being very rude. Then he got angrier because I had stopped smiling - I am a very friendly person and had tried to stay such but I was in shock by then - so he yelled at me about that. It was a very odd situation and I didn't feel safe my entire stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2017

This was not a hotel, but a mere room & breakfast accommodation. The room was basic and small but very clean. Very deserted during our stay (end February 2017) and we had very simple breakfast served at the hotel (pizza) restaurant just by ourselves. The hotel should be easy to find only a proper direction was provided by the hotel. Location wise, Konstanz city was just a 5 minutes walk, and the main train station was a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear side would be good choice
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2016

I stayed for 2 nights in this hostel with a friend last summer in a double room with a private bath. It was quite nice and cozy. Wifi reception was great in our room, well since we had the room opposite to the router :D !! Location wise, it's very central, you can reach the lake, shopping places or Switzerland in less than 15 mins walking! The staff are very friendly (I think the hostel was run by an Italian family so +10 extra coziness points :D !! ). Price wise, it's relatively cheap compared to other Hotels in Konstanz and Schwiez !

Definitely, I would recommend it :)

Note: if I recall correctly, it didn't have a lift. so it might be annoying if you have lots of luggage because you have to carry it upstairs. but don't worry, it has only two floors ;)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

this was a major disappointment. stayed there 2 nights at the end of January 2013, in one of their single rooms.

- unprofessional service: owneress Eva Eva Parascandolo threatening to surcharge 20 EUR because of arriving a few minutes after 23:30, despite the fact that no surcharge is mentioned in the conditions; Eva Parascandolo cold, rude and sarcastic when talking happily about how guest arriving late couldn't check in and had to stay outside (it definitely made me sympathetic with those clients instantly); delayed replies.
- room: creeking floors, mould in the shower, cold room, cca. 8 square meters for the whole room with bathroom,
- breakfast: stale food, bad bread, not much choice, husband as the service assistant asking me not to pay by card as it is expensive for the hotel!!!!

AVOID HELL:

Room Tip: choose another hotel or hostel, not this one
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business