“new visit to Crandola”
Review of Da Gigi

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2017

fantastic restaurant, friendly welcoming and amazing qualiy of the food. you will not find a better place for hundreds of km.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Driving up the slopes to this small village, i admit I was sceptical. You might expect to find nice agriturismi up there, but a restaurant?
From the outside, it doesn't look like much. Also the interior is slightly rustic, very typical Italian.
The food is just amazing. The ravioli (they used some local term for it) are prepared according the the restaurants original recipe from the 1960s - and absolutely to die for. Hands down the best meat ravioli I've ever had. Also all of the other food was very nice, the wines very reasonably priced. Expect plenty of the legendary Italian hospitality.
All in all a great little restaurant, especially for those who care about really good food more than anything else.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

An elegant Restaurant on the busy road of Via Saffi. This restaurant specializes in good Beef dishes. I had a sliced Sirloin done to perfection with Rosmary potatoes. The roasted vegetables were tasty too. Our meal was not cheap but the meat was tender and the service excellent.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

I ate here with my husband and friends on April 25th. We had read reviews about the place and were happy to be able to book a table. The restaurant is charming inside with a beautiful view, although we didn't get to enjoy that view so much due to the rainy conditions. The food and service were great. The presentation, taste and friendliness of the staff made our lunch here a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I had the parmesan cannoli which were delicate and tasty. I then took the typical scapinasc which were good but nothing special but my husband's risotto was to die for. We all shared a cheese platter which was abundant and varied. Then I took the crostata (fruitcake) with rhubarb which was divine. The wine was very reasonably priced and we had a great bottle of White wine from Friuli. We were offered a round of digestive drinks twice! A great culinary experience with friendly faces. We'll definitely be back.

dagigicrandola, Direttore at Da Gigi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

Dear cosybabes,
Thank you for your lovely words. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your experince at our restaurant. We are very happy to introduce our cousine to international guests.
We truly hope to see you again,

Reviewed 3 December 2014

I highly recommend Da Gigi. They offer an excellent menu with choices combining local ingredients with a bit of eclecticism. Moreover, extremely friendly and informative service is thrown in for good measure. I could not resist trying at least one of the antipasti, primi, secondi and dolci and I can confirm that they were all top-notch. The quality:price ratio was excellent.

dagigicrandola, Direttore at Da Gigi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2014

Dear badgertra,
thank you for your words, we always try to do our best for our guests. It's a pleasure to know when they are happy for the experience in our restaurant.
We hope to see you again,