“Enjoyable lunch”

Auberge la Goeliche
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stopped here for lunch and were promptly seated at a table on the outside deck, right on the river. Spectacular view and pleasant breeze on a warm day! We started with glasses of rosé. My husband ordered the fish and chips, which he enjoyed. I ordered the lobster roll (guedille au homard), served with house fries. The lobster roll was good, a bit different than lobster rolls we find in Maine, but still enjoyable. It had a very light lemon flavor and had diced celery and a surprise ingredient, diced apple. Service was excellent,

1  Thank ShaliOgt

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Both breakfast and dinner have an excellent array of choices all well done with very good service. The dinner prices are a bit pricey, but that's to be expected for the choices offered.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

You can enjoy your dinner with a fantastic view. I was here for a wedding at the Inn and the lunch reception was held in the restaurant. Keeping in mind we were a large crowd - the service was slow. This may not be reflective of normal days.

The food was quite good - the carrot soup to die for!! They have a nice selection of cocktails and wine but the drink menu was all in French.

I would definitely come again when visiting the isle.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I stopped here after a morning of driving around Ile d'Orleans. It was peaceful, we sat outdoors and had a beautiful water view. My husband had a fresh lobster roll and I had the fish and chips, the fish was lightly battered which I enjoyed and the fries were not at all greasy and were perfectly salted!

1  Thank DonnaMPR2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We visited 2 couples. Reception was good and we were given a very nice table. Our meals were good, I had ribs and very uniquely done vegetables. My wife had the fish of the day and enjoyed it. My salad was crisp and fresh. Unfortunately the service was poor. Our waiter a gentleman was not very helpful. It was almost like it was late (8 p.m.) and he really preferred to not be there or that we would leave early. Very disappointing and I hope the Manager sees this review. I can speak French however 2 of our guests could not and he made very little effort to help her and then when I intervened he seemed annoyed. I would not go back if he was still there. However, with another server I would definitely think about it since the chef is good.

1  Thank DennisJ644