“Fantastic”
other travellers have booked this property
The Retreat Chalet
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Retreat Chalet
The Retreat chalet
The Retreat chalet
The Retreat chalet has an outside hot tub
floor plan
floor plan
150km of graded and maintained trails, Free uplifts !! Pick up you lift pass from the tourist office
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Riverholm...
Hampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We were a family of 6 ranging in age from 2 to 66. We were all warmly welcomed equally to this comfortable chalet by our three hosts (Kev, Charlie and Rusty the Vizsla) and were really made to feel at home? The rooms and en suite bathrooms were basic but comfortable. Views were wonderful!
The food and drink provided was amazing with generous portions. We are all on diets now!
We were given great advice on how to make the best of the huge range of activities available in Tibnes - many of them for free!
WE all enjoyed comparing our day's activities with our hosts and the other guests in the large comfortable lounge/dining area? We also enjoyed an APRES activities drink as the sun set on the large terrace and Hot Tub.
We will definitely be back next year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hosts and their food?
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Adamy50
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing long weekend”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

You really could not wish for a better place to stay than at chill Alp retreats. Kev and Charlie are the most friendly and attentive hosts. The food is outstanding, the rooms are great, there is a hot tube as well. The location is fantastic right in the middle of Tignes with a vast array of activities on your doorstep and stunning scenery. We spent a long weekend there and would highly recommend to anyone and certainly plan of visiting again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hosts
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Trevor R
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Kev and Charlie were brilliant hosts. Amazing cooks. Providing a good all round choice for breakfast. Delicious cakes for the afternoons and 3 course evening meals to die for, accompanied by some great wines. A comfortable relaxed atmosphere in a centrally located chalet. You can do as much or as little as you want with lots of activites to hand or sit in the sun and chill. A great experience thank you will definitely be out to see you again in Tignes.

Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: centrally located for activities shops bars lifts
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Neil J
“The best summer holiday you could wish for.”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed with Chill Alp (Kev & Charlie) for skiing in Courchevel at Christmas. So when we discovered they were providing summer breaks in Tignes, we booked straight away. Their hospitality is fantastic ... warm, friendly, helpful and they're so easy to get along with. The food was simply amazing, every meal was eagerly anticipated and exceeded expectations. The chalet was great, very comfortable with a fantastic terrace for sitting out in the sun and admiring the glacier up in the distance. Kev & Charlie were always around to chat as and when needed, and both have great insight and knowledge on the resort, area and activities. No need for any TV or iPads in the evenings, all the entertainment you could possibly need was provided by Rusty the dog. Oh how we miss him already! A wonderful location, with wonderful hosts ..... and a holiday to remember.

Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Management Response
1 Sep 2016
Thanks Neil, Sharon, Kirsty and Ben, a pleasure to have you back. Glad you had a great time and you know where we are if you fancy a return visit. All the best Kev, Charlie and Rusty
Luketailb...
“chill Alp Retreats can offer everything!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My stay with Kev, Charlie & Rusty can only be described as mind blowing!

My hosts provided the most warm welcome that I've ever received as a solo traveller, included me in the 'chat' & never once was I left out, whether it was a friendly game of darts or just reliving the mountains at the dinner table with the other families.

Both Kev & Charlie's knowledge of Tignes was exemplary whether it was for a food stop or where to ride!!

Which leads me to the riding....after chatting with the guys & explaining what I was wanting out of my week of riding Kev was on it planning a trip up & over the mountain to explore another zone that was filled with some of the most technical riding I'd ever done which was exactly what I needed....his passion to deliver what I described was outstanding & he genuinely knew how to make my week go off with a bang, he listened & basically built me a to do list of rides building it up through the week & ending in my trip to La Thuile in Italy with nick Start-line MTB which if your ever get the chance you have to do!!
The road riding here also looks outrageous & I found myself in a massive quandary for next year for what to bring & again the knowledge of where you could go that they have is awesome.

I can go into the food enough...the guys provided is amazing food. At every opportunity...I know it's taken for granted now that there will be some kind of cake for when you get in BUT you had to remember not to gorge to much as the food you'd be getting will be awesome...the wine, chat & laughs would always be flowing & with out these two at the helm it wouldn't be possible!!!

Even if you took the mountains away I'm pretty certain I'd have have a blast anyway!!

I've even found out they do winter stays to.....!!

I can't recommend this stay enough, roll on our next encounter!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
15 Aug 2016
Thanks for your kind words luke, glad you had an awesome time and we look forward to seeing you snowboarding and back on the bike next summer. Kev, Charlie and Rusty
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing