Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jane

Great hotel for a ski vacation

Review of Le Souleil'Or
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 July 2021
I stayed in this hotel for a week in July 2021 while attending a snowboarding camp.
The hotel has an amazing outdoor pool, overlooking the alps and a jacuzzi. I could not help but spending every single afternoon there, as the experience is just unmatched. I will add pictures so you guys can see for yourself.
Hotel restaurant has a Michelin recognition and I have heard from other guests that dinners were delicious, although I haven’t tried them myself.
As for the breakfast, the choices varied from a choice of ham and cheeses (I personally don’t eat ham so can’t comment on the quality of it), homemade yogurt (yum), a variety of fruits, homemade jams, French pastries and egg (only boiled option).
The best part about the hotel is staff. Everyone, including the owners, would go out of their way to cater to your needs whatever they are.
I would like to personally thank Carolyne for always being there to answer my questions and concerns. She is bilingual and since I don’t speak much French, this factor was very important for me.
I stayed in a single room with a bathtub and a balcony, overlooking the slopes. If I were to pick a view, I’d probably go for the pool view, as it just has a wider angle of the alps. Note that there is no mini fridge in the room, so if you’d like to buy cheese for example, ask the staff to put it in the hotel fridge.
I would recommend this hotel to solo travelers like me, as well, as to the couples and families.
I’m winter it offers ski in/ski out, which saves lots of time and energy.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Belambra Club "L'Orée des Pistes"
  • Belambra Clubs
Restaurant
  • Vio.com
2.7 km from Le Souleil'Or
View more hotels in Les Deux-Alpes
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

We had a very pleasant short-ski stay in ‘Le Souleil’Or’. The hotel is very well located, staff are friendly and the restaurant is excellent. We definitely consider to come back next year!

One minor remark: our room was situated just above the night entrance, where also a smoking corner is situated. The result was that the smell of cigarettes came into our room.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Johan S
Sylvie F, Propriétaire at Le Souleil'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Thank you so much for your comment.

Reviewed 16 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights - warm rooms, comfortable communal areas, a good bar, nice restaurant and a plentiful buffet breakfast make this a solid choice. We didn’t bring swimwear so couldn’t use the spa but heard it was nice. Conveniently located ski lockers in the basement and a discount hire deal with inter sport. Inter sport even deliver skis to lockers which was a nice touch. A button lift and chair lift right next door to hotel and easy to ski back to door.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2019 via mobile

I came here with my husband James last week. The stay was extremely enjoyable; all 3 of the staff were kind, attentive and fun; they were really welcoming to us and to our dog - they are dog friendly but you don’t feel like you’re at a dog crèche!

We ate in the restaurant once which was delicious (the only reason we didn’t eat there more was because we wanted to explore a bit).

The hotel itself is spotless. The room was big and comfortable. It’s quite rustic chalet-style so please don’t expect luxury: it’s more of a warm, clean and welcoming vibe than a high-end vibe.

Having said that, the pool is super smart and bigger than I expected.

Oh, and the breakfast is divine!!

5* without hesitation.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgia H
Reviewed 1 April 2019

The venue is really nice. A shame that the service is awful. The jacuzzi was mentioned to be free entrance any time between 15h and 20h, however, once there, we got kick out by other clients who did a booking. Then, reception said that it has to be booked but the next slot if around 19h30 (it was 17h). On the day of check out, our train was late afternoon, we asked to have one towel to shower after skiing and our request was rejected.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AousLabbane
Reviewed 25 March 2019

Overall, very impressed with this hotel. It was a 5 min walk to the main gondola up to the top of the mountain and had another chairlift directly outside. Lockers are provided for your ski gear with direct ground level access out of the hotel. Staff were very friendly and went above and beyond with requests for recommendations and a UK adaptor that I forgot to bring! Breakfast was included in the room and was delicious - selection of breads, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yoghurt, eggs, everything. There is a jacuzzi and steam room in the hotel, which you are able to book for 20 minute slots so you have private access with no other guests. The corridors could do with a facelift, but the rooms were comfortable and the sheets very soft (essential after a hard day on the slopes!).

Beware: there are two friendly cats that roam the halls in the hotel, one a very long haired one so if you're allergic like me, take antihistamine. My bed was made everyday and towels changed whenever I requested, however I don't think the shower was cleaned during my stay. I would make sure to mention this next time.

Would definitely recommend and definitely stay again.

Room tip: The lift is quite slow and small so I would recommend floors 1 or 2 as very easy from stairwell
Date of stay: March 2019