All reviewsfaux furgreat holidayon arrivalchaletcomfortneilsonstarterswinesnowgroupskiing
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome snow conditions coupled with brilliant sunshine helped make this one of my ski holiday greats.
We arrived to a very warm and smiley welcome from the girls looking after us. A quick chalet tour revealed a larger than expected chalet with big airy rooms, plenty of storage for our gear, lots of warmth, an open log fire (although we weren’t too good at getting it going), massive dining space and 3 large rug clad sofas.
In reviewing this I will be careful how to word this because whilst I emphasise it’s very comfortable I fear that lovers of ornate wall furnishings may find it lacking, but, let’s get past the lack of antlers and observe that this property was designed to be used and not to be fussed over. It’s got space for adults and kids to play, rest and eat comfortably, warmly and safely. Everything is simple to clean and keep straight which means you don’t have to worry about the building and the team doing the looking after don’t have to fuss over the way your party uses the chalet. I’d say that’s a big plus.
The chalet was immaculate on arrival, even the snow and icicles were pristine. Each washroom was immaculate and equipped with decent towels and mats as well as hygienic soap in a bottle. Each morning the chalet was cleaned, tidied and spotless for our appearance at breakfast.
The bedrooms had nice crisp white sheets and a choice of duvets( in my room at least) and pillows. Huge faux fur rugs and cushions added to my impression of warmth and comfort.
The food was terrific, I have only praise. We persuaded the girls to prepare the hot Camembert starter twice as it was a firm favourite. All the dinners comprised three tasty courses with plenty of bread and unlimited wine. The latter was decent and what you would expect to find in any hotel (let alone chalet) offering this service.
Breakfasts started with cereal options, yoghurts, toast, croissant, pain au chocolat and then any option you liked for a full cooked breakfast. Again, the girls were so flexible in preparing whatever we asked for in any combination from the menu of beans, eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns... the eggs being prepped a different way each day. Note to self: ask for poached next time :-).
Afternoon tea and cake with added biscuits were always wholesome, tasty, and ready to go on return from skiing.
And just to close my story...the resort has absolutely amazing skiing, something for everyone at every level.
Well done the chalet girls for making a great holiday.
Neilson, you could have done better on the flight home... our team of 11 had not been added to the passenger manifest on the aircraft. To be fair though, the duty Neilson manager at the airport quickly sorted the situation and we were soon checked in and homeward bound.
In all a fantastic chalet with many pluses. Keep it up Mr Neilson and you can’t go wrong :-)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2017

So the chalet rustic, and there are no double beds, just singles to push together. However the space in the chalet is superb, we were upstairs, in the tripple, which has its own loo and bathing facilities, same with the quad, we rearranged the quad to give the only girl in the quad her own little space, blocking it off with a hanging rail. We were really well looked after, with a 1yr old and 2yr old, requiring random feeding times, but the girls took it in there stride. One thing that is not mentioned is the Garage space which meant being able to leave buggies up.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We had a great holiday at this chalet, as a group of friends with children. Whilst the chalet is basic, it had everything we needed. There was plenty of hot water and the rooms were warm and comfortable. We enjoyed the log fire. It's location is good, making it easy to get to the chair lift and close to the bars and restaurants, but still in a nice quiet spot.
The chalet hosts were exceptional. Eliza, Issy and Charlie cooked tasty meals each night. They adapted their menus providing gluten free options and yummy food for a 6 year old. They baked gorgeous cakes, including 2 birthday cakes and the best chocolate brownies! They were friendly and so helpful and responsive, nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

From the moment we arrived in the resort I was gutted to see our host was not happy to have to cater for us, she made that very clear. The resort is great and we really enjoyed it. But coming home you felt like you were in prison. Constant egg shells being relentlessly trodden on. How someone in a customer facing roll is allowed to look after people I do not know I wouldn't send my dog there! She was rude and treated us like children. As we were enjoying the night life and one night had come home late we were told that we would not be allowed our transfer home if we did it again. Absolutely ridiculous. I have skied with various companies including Nielson for over 2 decades and have never experienced anything like it. Would not go back.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2016

The chalet was lovely and in a quiet area of town, about a 5 minute walk to the lifts, bars and nightlife. If this were a review of the chalet alone, it would review well. However, as it is a catered chalet and we were looked after by a Neilson chalet host, the host must be included in the review.

I'll start by saying that we were a group of 12 young men (aged 24+) and we were never going to be an easy week for a chalet host. However, being greeted off the coach with a grunt and being immediately sat down in the chalet and lectured to like a class of children (these words were actually used), the host had already created tension.

It was as if the host had judged us with one look coming off the coach and decided that we were not worth the effort. Unfortunately, things just escalated from there as we responded to her lack of effort with our lack of concern.

It was a rare occurrence that the host asked us about dinner and dietary requirements for the next evening. When one guest stated that they did not eat fish and asked what the alternative was, the host shrugged, grunted and walked off. It was anybody's guess what was going to be served.

Complimentary wine was served with dinner, but it was only served after our starters. Additionally, the boxes from which we refilled our glasses were subtly removed from the room whilst we ate our desserts. No question of "Would anybody like any more wine with their dessert before we remove the boxes?"

The host handed out the feedback forms on the morning of the 5th day, meaning that we still had two evenings with the host. How were we supposed to leave a bad review?! She had also politely mentioned in the "Welcome, Children" talk that she prefers it if we tick excellent for all topics...

The food was very good all week, but the complimentary wine that was served on those last two nights, after we'd left feedback on the wine, was absolutely awful.

As we went to walk our bags to the coach stop, the host came running in and halted me and my roommate and demanded to know where the last towel was from our room. She reminded us again that we'd be billed if we couldn't find it. So I walked into my room and told her exactly where I'd left my two towels, one of which was now on the floor underneath the duvet which she'd tossed on the floor when stripping the bed. She grunted, took the towel off of me and walked off. No apology.

Last point was the transfer. We were told to leave the chalet by 8.30am, and so were left to wait in the snow (terrible weather) for an hour until it finally arrived at 9.30am. Surely there's a better system of allowing us to sit in the chalet living room until a Neilson rep can contact our host to tell her that the coach is on its way?

We had a thoroughly good week, but it's just a shame that our host tried to do her best to ruin it. Thanks Neilson. Never again.

"Best guests ever!!" - Crystal rep from our 2014 ski trip in Alpe D'Huez