Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Karen L

Our party caught a nasty gastric bug – lot of vomiting, sleepless nights and missed days skiing.

Review of Alpe d'Huez
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Mar 2024
As soon as we arrive next day my daughter got sick, she have a stomach bug or maybe from not properly taking good care of the food handling or cross contamination… we ended loosing our Tomorrowland All Day private Sky lesson and 3 days of the party… The other day I got sick too… we were all night vomiting, with diarrhea and chills… If the bar is closed you cannot access a drink to help with the symptoms like a Sprite or bottle water… Today we were making check out at 6 am and the bar area was closed and a mess even they know there going to be a lot of people at this hour waiting in the lobby… There was no food, no drinks, the stay supposed to be all inclusive before you go… this never happened because the limitation with restaurants and bar operation. The way back to the hotel is very dark and a long way to walk… So lack of transportation too… No room service neither… The place is beautiful, rooms are great but if you stay for the festival is too far from the slopes, not worth all the money you paid to be in Gold package.
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Club Med, Propriétaire at Alpe d'Huez, responded to this review
Responded 30 Mar 2024
Hello karenlN6124LZ,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Club Med Alpe d'Huez for your vacations.

You have expressed your disappointment with the general quality and we are sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations.

Indeed, we are committed to identifying and collecting all areas of improvement in our Villages in order to constantly improve. Rest assured that we have passed on your comments to our management, who will take advantage of them.

Shirley,
Go to your Happy Price
    AU$127
1.2 km from Alpe d'Huez
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in L'Alpe d'Huez
2,067 results
All reviews chef de village gourmet restaurant yoga teacher baby food sorbet ski lessons wellness room great facilities ski experience from france beginner level serve food friendly team going out of their way christmas holidays esf instructors coffee machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Club Med in Alpes D’Huez. The resort is modern, staff is super helpful, food is delicious and you easily ski in- and out to the slopes. I wanted to especially say thank you to the staff at the Petit Club and Baby Club that did such a fantastic job taking care of our 2 boys (4 and 2) with tons of great activities and a lot of love! My son was running to them every morning and excited to have fun! Thank you

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2024

we had a great trip the location is amazing and facilities as well. the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Never felt crowded or pressured at dining or events. Will use Club Med again in the future

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Reviewed 19 March 2024

The skiing was fantastic but the resort leaves a lot to be desired. Cleanliness was poor as 9 of 11 had Norovirus, the smell in the hallways was so bad people had to plug theirs noises. Staff were excellent

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Reviewed 19 March 2024

Step into the alpine wonderland of Club Med Alpe D’Huez, where the dining is an all-you-can-eat adventure from dawn till dusk. 🌄🌙 Each meal is a celebration of flavors that’ll have you coming back for seconds… and thirds!

As night falls, the resort lights up with entertainment that’s sure to dazzle. The weekly fireworks show? It’s the cherry on top of a perfect day, lighting up the sky and our hearts. 💥✨

For the snow lovers, this resort is your launchpad to the slopes. And when it’s time to hang up your skis, the “Moose Bar” awaits with its vibrant après-ski scene. 🎿🍻

Yes, this slice of paradise does ask for a pretty penny, and the rooms might just compete with the sauna in the warmth department. 🔥 But hey, some like it cozy!

Hat’s off to the star of the show, Anastasia 🌟, the superhero of hospitality! 🦸‍♀️ When room troubles arose, she swooped in with her superpowers of service, turning a mix-up into a win. She’s not just a staff member; she’s a wish-granting genie!

While your wallet might feel lighter, the experiences at Club Med Alpe D’Huez are nothing short of priceless, all thanks to the superheroes like Anastasia who make it unforgettable. 💼💫

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2024

Family of 5, 3 children 17, 5 and 5

The good -

Short flight from Manchester and we paid for a private transfer (700 euro return but worh it). Picked us up outside airport no messing about waiting for the coach and nice stress free drive with kids car seats to hotel approx 1.5 hours. We arranged flights separately so arrived about 6 pm , missed the check in rush so found it all very easy. All equipment was in the lockers, good standard of ski and helmets, we brought our own boots.

Room - we had 2 interconnected family rooms. Decent size, loads of storage and nice and modern and clean. Water and tea cofeee making facilities and cleaned daily.

Only concern was windows opened fully with no way of locking part way which was a concern with the little ones

Food - food was really nice, lots of choice and was hot and fresh. Could also use a paper bag to take out fresh pastries or fruit etc to room . Kids enjoyed the ice cream. Very busy, stafff not very attentive if in need of assistance but were quick to clear and clean tables

Pool - really nice and clean , main pool a little cold and no shallow end for kids but arm bands provided if required. Jacuzzi was lovely. Small splash pool for kids was also nice and good seating areas.

Ski lesson - morning and afternoon! I didn’t realise that when we booked. We didn’t take advantage after day one because the kids were sick so ended up takings private lessons to fit around them. It cost about £170 for a 2.5 hour lesson for 2 people with esf. Easy to book with hotel rep at desk on ground floor. We booked at short notice on most days no problem.

All lessons meet outside locker which was easy and lessons finish there too with drinks and snacks on return which was a nice touch.

17 year old was in group 3A and improved a lot and was able to comfortably do black runs by the end of the week.

The bad :

The kids club was shocking. One of the main reasons we booked with club med was so we could use the wrap around care and get some time to ourselves for ski tuition. There were very few English children and not all of the staff spoke English and those that did weren’t always helpful or enthusiastic. I’d go as far as to say they were pretty grumpy and did not welcome my children at all. I felt it was very busy and not warm or inviting. The room was plain and had barely any toys, there was a few books, some cushions and tables and chairs and I saw nothing suitable for a 5 year old to play with in between lessons. It felt like a cattle market, there were kids as young as 3/4 crying and walking round looking very confused each time I went in, there was no interaction from staff that I saw, they all looked tired and stressed. They had some inflatable things out in the theatre section the first day and when I met up with my boys after my lesson I noticed my son didn’t have his glasses on , I mentioned it to one of the staff who seems annoyed I was speaking English so was ignored. I asked another and she told me he had them on so must have took them off. My other twin was saying they were in his bag back in get kids club and that he hadn’t had them on at all after skiing, I told her this and asked if I could check his bag. This caused confusion and she again was adamant that he had had them on and must have lost them by the inflatables. She was quite annoyed i was asking. We spent some time looking around and asking people if they’d seen them. In the end we went back to the kids club room ourselves and checked in his bag where we found them like my son had said !

As a result, my twins did the first day and then we paid for private lessons after that.

We’ve been to les deux alp with Nelson on many occasions over the last 10 years and always found the kids club to be well run with lots of activities for non skiers such as making snowmen, painting in the snow, sledging, trips around the village, hot chocolate breaks etc … there was non of this. My kids are used to kids clubs and making friends etc and this is the first time they’ve asked me not to put them in a club.

As well as the staff being unhelpful and rude we also experienced the same from other French holiday makers , we were pushed and shoved in the dinner hall, and on one occasion I was verbally attacked in front of my children in the ski locker room as apparently I had knocked into a man who was putting on his skis. He was screaming and pointing at me and told me to go back to my own country!!

It didn’t spoil the holiday though as my little ones had a great time in their private lessons - 2.5 hours a day was enough for them as it was their first time. My older daughter had English in in her group and although the instructor didn’t always translate there were others in the group that did for her. The pool was nice and we did some sledging and also did a trip to the ice cave and up to pic Blanc. We ate out a couple of times but found it to be ridiculously expensive and did not receive a nice service !

All in all we had a great family holiday and would recommend but not if you really need to rely on the kids club/care.
I travel abroad 4-5 times a year and have never experienced rudeness like I did this past week so I would also avoid if sensitive!

Room tip: Avoid kids club
  • Trip type: Travelled with family