Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alex
New York City, New York

Below my expectations.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Feb 2024
Below my expectations. And this is my 7th Club Med trip. And always with a group of around 20 people.
Service quality and food variety at Club Med are going down and prices are going up. That makes me to think twice next year...
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 14 Feb 2024
Hello sashunia64,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Club Med Alpe d'Huez for your vacations.

You have expressed your disappointment with the general quality and we are sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations.

Indeed, we are committed to identifying and collecting all areas of improvement in our Villages in order to constantly improve. Rest assured that we have passed on your comments to our management, who will take advantage of them.

Shirley,
1.5 km from Club Med Alpe d'Huez - French Alps
  • Official Site
1.6 km from Club Med Alpe d'Huez - French Alps
Restaurant
View more hotels in L'Alpe d'Huez
1,930 results
All reviews chef de village gourmet restaurant yoga teacher baby food sorbet ski lessons wellness room great facilities ski experience from france beginner level serve food friendly team going out of their way christmas holidays esf instructors coffee machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2024

Just returned from staying here for a week with family. Extremely well organised. Transfers seamless and welcome and check in fast and organised. Those who had skis booked were already in their lockers which was a bonus as no queuing to get them.
Rooms were spacious and so much storage which was excellent.
Ski in ski out worked excellently and some of us took the lessons which are a benefit from staying at ClubMed. A couple of us had a lady called Charlotte who was fantastic and although we didn't do all the lessons she was friendly and extremely encouraging (group 2B)
Buffet restaurant was always well stocked , was busy as you would expect, but as a large group they were happy to reserve a large table for us for dinner each night which was a bonus.
Always lots of entertainment on in the main bar area and plenty of staff.
We ate lunch in the gourmet lounge most days. Was much quieter and able to dine on the terrace in the sunshine which was a bonus! We also ate dinner one night in the Gourmet Restaurant. Lovely Beef and Fondue and excellent service. Absolutely would recommend having a night here.
What made the Gourmet Lounge however was the absolutely excellent service in the Gourmet Lounge bar. Pablo and his Brazilian colleague (so sorry I didn't catch your name!) were absolutely excellent. They were attentive and always smiling and offering alternatives if we 'fancied' something else (see picture of one creation) Pablo also took the time to make us some different cocktails to try which were great fun! Thank you so much to you both. You made our trip!
Would recommend ClubMed Alpe d'Huez in a heartbeat. Thank you for a great week!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2024

Overall I would give Alpe de'Huez a 4/5. It is not the best club med we have ever been to, but it was always clean and the food was great. The only thing was that the greeting after skiing at other club meds was a bit more fleshed out? Other clubs meds like Chamonix or Tignes had people walking around the locker room with music and interacting with guests (dancing etc). This club med to its credit had more staff that were open to speaking to guests, which made the experience better. We had a great experience with the welcome committee especially Anastastia ! She made the entire experience very fun and comfortable!

Room tip: The pool and sauna gets a bit crowded so I'd recommend you get there right after skiing or miss a session and spend the entire time unwinding
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2024

It's a great resort, I loved Alp d'Huez Club Med. Very friendly and polite staff. Especially the ones who are working in the main bar. I had great great cocktails. Special thanks for Mr.Tuncay and his son. Very kind, cheerful and helpful. They made us feel at home. Also from the restaurant Mr.Tanju was very helpful and respectful. Rooms could be warmer. The heater inside room was not working. And also pool area was a little bit cold. Finally I would like to thank all petit club team and ski team for the kids. They had an amazing job to teach my 3 years old kid skiing. Overall it was a fantastic relaxing holiday.

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 8 February 2024

Worst experience possible. Booked the vacation from 4 to 11 of February on 2024 with 20 friends, all of them paid the exact same fee to get the basic room to celebrate my 30th Birthday. The problem is my birthday gift from ClubMed Alpe D'Huez was to give me a Paraplegic room. My friends got the correct room with good view, shower and hot tub and everything else. My room has the shower on the same level of the bathroom floor and everytime we shower it wets the floor so bad that me and my girlfriend has to clean it up. Besides that, we got the back view of the hotel with no view at all, and a bonus of a HORRENDOUS smell that comes each time we come back from the ski lesson. I tried contacting the front desk, tried calling directly to ClubMed and they all say: Sorry sir, all the rooms are booked, there is nothing we can do about it. I just wanted to relax and have a good time with my friends and my girl. Everytime I call they transfer me to another person and to another person and nothing really happens. Beware!!

Room tip: Make sure you have the right room before letting them leave your luggages inside...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodrigo C
Club Med, Propriétaire at Club Med Alpe d'Huez - French Alps, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2024

Hello rodrigocA3944VF,

We are very sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience during your stay. We take feedback from our GM very seriously, and we want to apologize on behalf of the establishment for the issues you encountered.

We take your feedback seriously and are committed to making improvements to ensure a positive experience for all of our GMs. If you would like to discuss your stay further or have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can better understand and resolve these issues.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you that we can do better. Once again, we apologize for your disappointing experience and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Shirley,
Club Med Team

Reviewed 6 February 2024

Great trip to ALP D'Huez, nice room, good food warm spring skiing in January. Our Ski Guide Bruno was fantastic!! We got to take a helicopter to 2 alps and ski for a day. There's only one major problem it's the transfer to the Club Meds from the airports.For something they do all the time they can't seem to get that right. And its an awful way to greet guest after they get off an over night flight like we did from the US. It was my 6 trip with Club Med, and only two of the transfers have gone smoothly. I have tried to tell them that you need to provide space for travelers Skis , it is a ski vacation.....

Date of stay: January 2024