See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely B and B. Very friendly owners (only a little English spoken). Bed very comfortable, room on second floor (no lift and tight staircase) but very quiet. Shower a little slow but fine. Breakfast continental but nice. Cute little town. Plenty of cafes and restaurants. Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Friendly owners. Nice room. good breakfast, bread fruits home made jam and all you need for an energy start , in a French style room. Perfect quite position. I will advice for sure to stop here. we had bikes and the owners took them in and out to help us.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Don't try to drive to the doorstep! Park nearby and walk, the city's small anyway. Friendly welcome, and the owners even called a restaurant to book us a table for dinner. The rooms are very small, hence the 2 star rating (french star system is based, amongst other things, on room size), however we were fortunate with a suite with 2 rooms and an en-suite (accessed through one of the rooms). We skipped breakfast to eat on the beach, so can't comment on that. All in all, a friendly address for a short stay.

Room Tip: We got rooms in the back building, very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheDustOfMyFootsteps
Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you are looking for a full service, spa sponsored, deluxe experience - this is not the place for you. If you would enjoy a very small, very personal, family run, comfortable FRENCH hotel in an out of the way beach village, for a reasonable price, then you will be very happy here.

As an American, and the only American I could find during my week stay in Les Sables, I can tell you this place will do their best to keep you happy, and on the path to the fun stuff. What the proprietors lack in English skills, they make up for in earnest, friendly attention. They went far beyond the norm to help me ship something to the US. It was amazing.

My teeny, tiny room with a half bath, and a toilet down the hall, was the last available when I made the reservation. It was clean and the bed comfy. No problems there. Thin walls did made for some noise issues. No restaurant and no room fridge. Buffet breakfast was good.

Room Tip: No elevator, at least in the section I stayed in - so ask about stairs if that might be an issue for you. No AC either - though I stayed in August it wasn't really an issue. Higher floors might help separate you from youthful late night street conversations.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a very nice 2 night stay at Maison Richet in Les Sables D'Olonne. Our room was very small however it was very clean and was perfect for what we required. The owners were very friendly and helped me improve my French.
Maison Richet is well positioned being a 5 mins walk in one direction to the amazing "Grand Plage" and 5 mins walk in the other direction to Port Peche. There are lots of restaurants a short walk away plus some very good bakeries and patisseries!
One thing to note we found it difficult to park near the hotel and through lots of luck we managed to get a road space on the same street as the hotel.
Overall we had a nice stay and would recommend Maison Richet for people on a smaller budget but looking for a clean well positioned place to stay

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple