All reviews shopping centre accor website short stay town square lille france
Reviewed 20 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Right In the centre of town close to all the amenities. Good restaurants nearby. Easy access by rail to Lille. Rooms are clean and comfortable with free wifi. Breakfast is the usual good Ibis one, complete with the suggestion that you take a paper cup of coffee with you on departure - a welcome touch. I travelled solo with Glentons Coach holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor room if you prefer not to use the tiny lift.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I will not be staying in any of the Ibis hotels again after this experience. When it came to checking out, I paid on Amex. The receptionist told us that payment had not gone through, we checked the credit card receipt and it said successful in French. The receptionist was forceful in that we had not paid and we were not to leave until we had paid. He tried the card again, credit card receipt said it was successful yet he insisted it was not and demanded cash, we told him we don't have the cash and tried talking to him about why the credit card receipt said successful. He would not let us leave and kept demanding cash. I gave him a Visa card and paid with that, when he knew he was not getting cash, he said payment had gone through.

I've checked my credit card statement and we have been charged 3 times, I've tried contacting Ibis (who dont publish phone numbers) yet they have not got back to me. I've contacted the credit card company and have disputed the payments.

We feel ripped off, clearly the receptionist wanted cash from us DESPITE us paying successfully on a credit card and to make it worse, Ibis will not even comment - my credit card company will get this resolved now.

The room was standard, no different to the budget Ibis hotels. Room was clean but built to a poor standard.

Will not use Ibis again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I can't comment on this as a stop to explore Lille as I used it for a one night stop-over in my way to Switzerland.

The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. The room was very good, but as other have noted, on a hot summers night even with the window open it can be a little stuffy. What is marking Ibis out at the moment for me is the quality of their beds. They are superbly comfortable and gave me a great nights sleep. To improve, the towels are rather thin, as is the company's Green policy: it's all well and good to tell guests to recycle towels, but then handing out plastic disposable cups in plastic wrappers makes your credentials look poor.

Would come here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2012

My first visit to TOURCOING IBIS was as a result of the Ibis Kortrijk being fully booked. I was pleasantly surprised that the apparent chaos and building work on Google streetview is well out of date and the hotel is now adjacent to a shopping centre and underground car park which is very reasonable at 6 euro and very secure. The staff are friendly and some English is spoken in this French/Flemish speaking area, A short walk away is the large piazza surrounded by bars restaurants and takeaways. This is a business hotel and affords the usual IBIS facilities. At time of writing it has not yet received the latest Accor IBIS cosmetic upgrades. Highly recommended. On arrival stop in the bus bay. Nip in for the carp ark code and then unload. The car park entrance is just across the dual carriage way by the gardens.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends