See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Had a few days over during Christmas and New years, took my daughter and her friend skiing, drove up from Barcelona to Font Romeu - very cute little village - some great food stores. Have some fantastic skiing during our short stay.

When it comes to our stay at Hotel Carlit, it's sad that some owners and managers can take, what I believe once was a cute hotel and mismanage it so badly. The rooms are nowhere close to a 3star standard, more likely a bed and breakfast, it even smelled bad in the toilets. The restaurant I have to say served great fondue, lady in restaurant was very nice.

What made the Carlit stay a huge disappointment was the fact that my daughters Christmas present from her grand mother was totally destroyed in her room when we was out skiing - My daughter that is 14 years old very mature, speaks french, wanted to deal with this her self with the front desk manager PEDRO. Unfortunately the manager explained that he could not deal with this,only the Owner M. DEBROUX which asked for a picture of the damage of the IPAD, which he got sent to him. My dautgher got two different times for appointments when M DEBROUX should meet with her, He never showed up, not even on last day when we checked out. He simply decided not to show up and take his responsibility, not even a note or excuse of what happened. - Afterwards I sent 4 emails without response from Owner, just a email from front desk saying - " we decline your petition " to a 14 year old Girl. - Not a great way to handle a guest

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HotelCarlit, Responsable réception at Carlit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear M Thomas MARTENSSON,

I'm so glad you wrote down my name.

This review is absolutely unfair for all the members that work hard on the service to ensure every family that stays with us enjoys their holidays. We are able to say that it's been over 14 years
And If i'm not wrong, the hotel has been recommended by a family friend.

I'm sorry to tell you that is not a bad management, what is not nice and absurd is to make an accusation against one of our receptionist, then our housekeeping department and, finally, use this channel to punnish our work.

You talk with the owner once about your problem and he asked me for a picture because he knew that he will be not able to be present at that time.

I can tell you know the hotel and hospitality industry.
We hope that other guests that read your review understand our position.

Pedro MARTINEZ
Premier de réception

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stayed at the Carlit for only one night, basically to visit our speed skating friend. The hotel has a nice lounge area, complete with a fireplace, pool table and comfortable chairs.There is also a fitness centre, complete with jacuzzi, massage, etc. This hotel caters to the ski crowd, skiing is which Font Romeu-Odeillo-Via is renowned for. The area is one of France's oldest ski areas and the oldest in the Pyrenees. The room we had was quite basic, adequate for our one night stay. My one complaint would be that the bed was "too soft", otherwise everything was fine. The hotel is centrally located, near restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, etc. There is pay parking available on the street, I believe there are some free car parks close by. To sum it up, the Carlit is a quaint, quite rustic hotel, perhaps in need of some renos. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. I would stay here again, but I would request a bed with a firmer mattress. As I mentioned, Font-Romeu is a skiing destination, but of course also offers the summer visitor options such as hiking, fishing, etc. If not coming by car, the area is also accessed by the Yellow Train Line.
The town is headquarters for France's national short track speed skating team. If you are interested, visit the Patinoira "Phillippe" Condelora Stades, perhaps you can catch the team as they practise!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelCarlit, Responsable relations clients at Carlit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi JRAsFishBabe,

Don't hesitate to talk about our hotel.

We hope to see you soon

Best regards

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Located down the hill from the gondola ski lift (c. 300 metres, not 150 as claimed). Staff not very informative in terms of hotel facilities and ski lift times. Room was average with dated bathroom and very small toilet cubicle. Bar is overpriced (c. 1/3rd cheaper at Le Dahu bar just across the road). Free parking is in the town multi-storey car park opposite the gondola.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Very friendly staff, polite and helpful and made us feel welcome. Warm and comfortable hotel with a cosy Lounge, open fire and board games. Enjoyed eating in the restaurant great service and good food - even an entertainer which added to the festive atmosphere.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The hotel is clean and pleasant with a huge fireplace burning in winter in the central lounge. Loads of games for kids with pool, table tennis, and a few slot machines available. The rooms and decor are a little dated but all were clean and comfortable. We had a bedroom that slept four and it was ideal. Bedding was warm and comfortable. The bathroom and toilet were very small, but loads of hot water made up for it. Breakfast was basic but adequate for what we paid and to be honest we lacked for very little.

Room Tip: We had a great view from our 4 bed family room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family