“Wheelchair Friendly Eatery - I love eating here.”
Review of Sushi Mio

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi Mio
Ranked #40 of 108 Restaurants in Johns Creek
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Description: Sit down restaurant with beer and wine selection. Served with sushi and Japanese cuisine: Teriyaki, yakisoba, combo and good variety of cooked food
Reviewed 24 March 2017

As a traveler who comes to Duluth regularly I always have 1-2 trips planned to dine here. As mentioned in some other reviews, this place does not have ''rustic' Japanese decor but is clean, wheelchair friendly and has excellent service. (A very easy wheelchair accessible bathroom is available and accessible parking is directly out the front of the restaurant)

This is a small family run operation and the owners are very personable and attentive to the clients. Even their young son will often visit your table to say hi.

Now for the food... I love sushi so I am always on the hunt for good/great places to eat. I was introduced to sushi at one of the finest places in Perth, Western Australia (Matsuri) and have never looked back. These early experiences set the benchmark for me and I am always comparing new places to it.

Sushi Mio in John's Creek is one of those that passes the bar (easily). They have some of the best sashimi, in generous proportions, for a great price, that I have ever had. In particular the white tuna sashimi and the Unagi sushi are divine. The specialty rolls are great, as are the salads, miso and other sides. Excellent Japanese beer tops it all off.

Don't be put off by the unassuming exterior and stark interior of this excellent eatery. Focus on the food and the service and you'll enjoy as much as I always do.

Cheers from downunder!

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Sushi Mio is more than just sushi. One of my favorite dishes is the Salmon Teriyaki. The salmon is crispy on the outside, yet cooked perfectly medium. It is served with veggies and rice and is just yummy. They have Bento Boxes that are a great value. Try it. The neighborhood restaurants need our support.