“Food Revolution! Amazing fresh homemade food. A must go.”
Review of Alcantara - CLOSED

Alcantara
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Alcantara is a little restaurant based in the old Massy since january 2015 and which offers an authentic mediterranean cooking. From only fresh products and home made process, Amar, the cooker (I), cooks and proposes differents specialities of the 23 countries around of the mediterranean area. Inside, there is no card. Amar cooks only with black board "à l'ardoise" and changes everyday the propositions that's why, when U take place, you can eat only it proposed at the moment. The choices are very reduced but its are very very good ! Try it U too !
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely nice tasting experience. Each meal is prepared with fresh ingredient allowing us to re-discover traditional mediterrean food. Definitely the best restaurant in the area.

Amar G, Gérant at Alcantara, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank U for your nice post on TA. Waiting to see U back, Wish U all the best.

Best regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I booked this venue in advance for a business trip in the parisian region. The restaurant in managed by the owner who takes care of everything from cooking to serving. Quality of food is good, but portions are really small and prices are excessive. € 6 for a bier, € 8 for a minuscule starter, € 16 for a plain merger with some vegetables and € 8 for a tiny dessert.

1  Thank Francesco M
Amar G, Gérant at Alcantara, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Signore Maiolini,
I would like to thank you for you post on TA and believe me, I really heed your negative review but I dont agree with it.
If I fight every day for a better world, for a slow and better food (an italian concept) and against the food wastage, I always take care of feeding enoughly my clients. So, I apologize that you left this Tuesday evening in a grumbling mood and I apologize too for the water bottle but it was not possible to take it to go.
For the beer, 6€ is absolutly not expensive in my restaurant cause in the organic shop (La Vie Claire) next right to the Massy-Palaiseau train station (RER C), this same beer is sold 3,70€ and after having buy it, you can drink it on the curb. Not on the chair inside of restaurant.
For the exactly the same lebanon wine, « Château Fakra Cuvée du Temple 2013 », it sell on internet for 15,33€ without shipping. In my restaurant, you payed it 20,90€. Is it really expensive ? Certainly not. Please go on line on weinstore24.de and look at good the price.
For yours comments generaly, I respect your feeling even if I dont agree with it. If you come back one day in Massy, please come to my restaurant for a second experience and maybe U will change of mind. In the mean time, I just wish U all the best Signore Maiolini and I wish U good luck in the business !

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Being in a trip not far from this restaurant I decided to give it a try... and I didn't regret it, man!!! It was so tasty and quality of ingredients was clearly there! It was a dreamy "voyage gustatif " under the Mediterranean sun. Congratulations Amar!
I was aware about the policy of this restaurant... not many variety, and the offer is what the chief decide for you that day. Original and a little intriguing... but previous reviews were pretty encouraging. The final experience is what counts. And finally I was definitely surprised and impressed. So I warmly recommend you this little restaurant, I am sure you that you will be charmed and satisfied as I was.

Amar G, Gérant at Alcantara, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear iahim1,
I would like to thank U for taking the time to post a comment on TA. Nice to serve U and hope to see U again. See U soon and best wishes.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here during my trip to Paris for business and dinner was simply fantastic! Amar is exceptionally friendly and took good care of us. He is also the chef and the food was fantastic. The butternut squash, pumpkin, and fig soup for a starter was amazing and just a bit spicy. The main dish of grill veal or chicken with risotto and vegetables was also exceptional. Last time we were here we had couscous and I would also suggest it for a terrific meal! I will make it a point to come here again next time I am able.

Amar G, Gérant at Alcantara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Dear Mickael, I would like to thank U for taking the time to write this friendly & nice comment on TripAdvisor. I was really touched to see U coming back in my restaurant with your "charmante" and lovely wife. So I'm happy too that your experience has been succesfull. I'll still be there for U and I hope to see back again together. Big ups to U for this new year 2017 and see U soon. With my best regards.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I took a colleague with me to Alcantara. He was also amazed by this restaurant. The vegetable soup was fantastic. I really want the recipe! Main course also very nice. It was no problem for the cooke to change the main course, because my colleague does not eat meat. Owner / cooke is very entertaining. Nice guy. I will be back . ( probably this evening)

1  Thank reing2016
Amar G, Gérant at Alcantara, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Hi Rein G and thank U for this new post. U writed that U will be back: ok, great. Just know that U will be forever and whenever welcomed. See U Sir and bonjour to Einthoven!
Best regards.