See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I travel a lot, always choosing budget places. My expectations aren't sky high. All I normally want is decent bed, clean shower, free wifi (which I think is standard nowadays).

Hotel Luxor is very close to Expo and that was the most important thing to me, so plus for that.

About the rest:

1. There are 6 (SIX) floors and NO ELEVATOR and NO STORAGE for your luggage. Be prapared to take care all your bags upstairs. Last day I asked if I may leave my bags (3 bags over 15 kg) in dining room and they agreed. It is not comfortable to leave your belongings unattended, but still better than taking 60 kg on the 5th floor. I guess.

2. There was no wifi in my room. Stuff didn't seem to be surprised. They told me it's available at lower floors. They should write in their offer that wifi is available in the lobby (or up to 2nd floor;))

3. Room was very small, but quite clean.

4. Stuff speak a very little English, but is kind.
One of guys seemed to feel bad about our luggage/wifi situation and was really trying to help: he offered another room on the 2nd floor (which I didn't take as I was in hurry and had no time to change the room) and coke on him just to show he was sorry. Which I find really cute. Thx:)

5. It's very close to subway.

If you're staying for day or two and just looking for place to sleep and shower- that's fine. Just don't take heavy luggage with you.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 9 June 2015

We stayed at this hotel, during our visit in Paris. It was a bit noisy, because we opened our windows during te night. The rooms were just simple, but clean. The staff was very friendly. We enjoyed our stay!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank ee926
Reviewed 28 March 2015

After reading other reviews I was not expecting much but was delighted with my stay. All I wanted was a clean bed , a bit of quiet and somewhere to shower. My room was basic,( very basic to be fair ) clean with a opening window. All boxes ticked. no lift was a bit of a bind after a hard day but its good for you. Digs in Paris for £50 is cheap € 200 less than my colleagues were paying up the road and they all moaned about faulty air con / showers /windows etc. A victory for cheap hotels. This place is on my book again list.
The ritz it ain't but you can have a great night out with the change. and only 5 mins from the metro to crawl back

Room tip: Just remember you get what you pay for
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Hairymanjohn
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed 2 nights in August. Is a twenty-minute metro ride from the center of Paris. The room we were given was on the sixth floor (no lift) recently renovated but very small. Private bathroom as booked, with a sink 20x10 cm (smurfs size). The tv worked. Clean. Ideal for short stays and especially for young people or people without high expectations. Staff not friendly. Excellent value for money (very cheap).

Room tip: Ask for private bathroom and renovated rooms. Ask for a low floor.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Disgusting place to stay in, was not hygienic and had stains all over the bed covers. One day me and my partner came back to the hotel and found that two of my possessions had gone missing along with some of our food, nobody else had access to the room other than the cleaners as the key had to be handed in every time we left the hotel. When my partner went to reception to complain he said he did not understand, although he spoke very good English. The bathroom is also shared with other people in the hotel, and always looked and smelt as if it had not been cleaned. Would not recommend to anyone

Room tip: Don't waste your money.
Date of stay: August 2014