We stayed at this apartment hotel as a familly of two adults with two children for a week in the summer of 2011. The location was convenient, within walking distance to metro station, a large shopping mall, a grocery store and several small restaurants. It was easy to find taxis as there is a Novotel, an ibis hotel, and a Citadines right next door and there were almost always taxis waiting outside. All hotel staff memebers were very friendly and helpful and spoke very good English. We stayed in a two-bedroom with one bath. The size of the apartment was decent but the one bathroom was a little bit short in the morning for four people. It was generally a pleasant stay and was a part of our joyful trip to Paris.
However, the hotel needs some work to make it better. The exterior of the building definitely needs a facelift. Like many other high rise buildings in La Defense, the only area that "skyscrapers" can be seen in Paris, this hotel's building looks like it was built in the 1970s and was never cleaned. Most of the balconies were dirty, dark and covered with bird droppings. When we took the escalator outside of the hotel I could always smell some annoying urine like odor. I wonder if some homeless person lived there.
The apartments inside needs better ventilation. When we cooked breakfast, the smell of frying eggs stayed in the apartment for quite some time, and at dinner time, the hallway was always filled with strong curry smell form our neighbor's cooking.
The main entrance of the hotel is hard to find if it is the first time for you and your taxi driver to be there. It is hidden behind a cement staircase with a tiny drive way around.
Despite the problems, I would still recommend my friends to stay at this apartment hotel if they visit Paris as famillies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the entrance of the business district of the La Defense, the residence Fraser Suites Harmonie is 50 meters away from the subway station Esplanade de La Defense and will allow you to reach directly the tourist attractions of the capital. You will join Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysees and Arc de Triomphe in 10 minutes only. Our 134 comfortable and spacious Suites & Appartements, which display a new design, have a contemporary design and include all a completely equipped privative kitchen. Going from 38 to 70m ², most of the suites have a balcony offering a view on the Esplanade or the Seine. Whether it is for one night, several weeks or several months, our 134 Suites & Appartements associate perfectly the services of a hotel with the comfort of completely furnished apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Harmonie La Defense Hotel Courbevoie
- Fraser Hotel Courbevoie
- Fraser Hotel Harmonie La Defense