All reviewsseafoodstreet sidebuffet breakfasteasy accessquiet nightenjoyed our stayhamexcellent locationgood sizefree parkingportbalconyfranceviewsbaytruthcheese
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

We wanted a quick easy bite for lunch as we had a long dinner planned.
We chose this place as it was quite full and we both had the moule.
My moule ala Breton must qualify as one of the best I have had and the moule ala creme was superb too
Will definitely visit this restaurant for dinner at our next visit

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We booked 3 sea view rooms with balconies,11 12 and 14, and were delighted to find that we had adjoining rooms and the balconies could be connected. The rooms are very comfortable with good bathrooms. There are no tea and coffee facilities and only French TV. The restaurant is excellent for dinner and also serves an acceptable breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 14, 11 or 12
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Nice location but you might want to rethink and stay elsewhere nearby. Room was OK but fairly basic for the price. My main criticism is that the management refused to honour our agreement on price and inclusions and charged me way more than agreed. I had negotiated for a full board price by email well ahead of my visit, and this was done in both English and French (albeit my French is not very good). I even phoned on one occasion because I did not get a reply to my initial email enquiry. (With hindsight, I should have taken this as a warning sign and booked elsewhere!) The attitude of management at check out time was extremely poor to say the least, as they ignored the copies of the emails I had with me, and suddenly their spoken English became very broken. Very disappointing and I won't stay there next time in Cancale.
As for the restaurant - OK food but you can do better at neighbouring places. (The hardboard laminated menus screamed 'stale'.)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

The fresh seafood and desserts were good, but the entrees here were melt-in-your-mouth sensational. I had the days special of a grilled merlu filet atop a creamed vegetable flan, with these delicious kettle onion crisps and a very light cream sauce for garnish. Oh my! My husband had a seafood sauerkraut that was way better than that sounds. :) The views of the harbor and shellfish harvesting were a gorgeous bonus!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

The restaurant was amazing, food was excellent and loved the added free extras that came with the meal, very reasonably priced. The childrens menu was fanatastic value as well... Would definately have a meal again here if i was back in the area... We were staying at Domaine Des Ormes and reported back to the staff there what a wonderful experience we had so that they can pass it onto other holidaymakers at the park.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family