“Fresh and beautifully presented food”
Review of Le Chantier

Le Chantier
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Hendaye
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The restaurant was recommended to us and for good reason.The food is of high quality and with a fabulous mixture of tastes to delight the palate. My salad was huge and included the best grapefruit I have ever tasted and mashed avocado that was to die for.

The only reason I am giving a 44, rather than a 5 is because we had to tread carefully around the menu, as there were were many dishes not to our taste. The service was good, as was the general ambience and we appreciated the small details, such as warm bread.

We were not terribly hungry and so one course was all we wanted - the drinks were in line with other restaurants in France - no house wines however.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Went there following the recommendation of the hotel I was staying at and was thrilled with the warm welcoming I got from who is apparently the boss of the place and made everything possible to accommodate me the best she can.
Service was impeccable, quick and smiling and food was awesome with a long menu you cannot decide what to pick in, local basque food, fresh fish and a large regional French and international wine list.
I really enjoyed my dinner in this place and definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I've been there now Six times. With wife alone , or with children. We came mostly for Lunch. You will find Every day other propositions. And what a Cook !!. He evidently enjoys what he prepares. Now every time I go there I want to give him a special thank, because those kinds of Cook in "local" restaurants are a happy few!
First of all to be quiet make a reservation even out of season.
and accept to taste things you do not know.
I have a special taste for his fishes! May be because I cannot cook fish myself and I'm always astonished of the quality..
To day I could not resist choosing a dish of Seashell Knives. Gorgeous!!
For desert he prepares fruits like no one.
If you come in Hendaye ...taste it!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We visited this place for a light lunch before heading to a sailing tour. We had a fix menu with a selection of starters - The liver paté was fantastic, main corse and dessert. The service was a little bit slow and the terrace was quite hot because of the glass wall, but the food was really good.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant with very good food. You can find very tasty meals with very friendly staff. I fully recommend this restaurant