Hotel la Diligence
USD 92*
  • Spa
USD 160*
USD 148*
Hotel Les Jardins d'Adalric(Obernai)(Great Value!)
USD 90*
USD 86*
Premiere Classe Obernai Centre Gare(Obernai)(Great Value!)
USD 61*
    Hotel De La Cloche(Obernai)(Great Value!)
    USD 102*
    USD 83*
    • Restaurant
    Hotel le Gouverneur(Obernai)(Great Value!)
    USD 81*
    Au Soleil(Valff)
    USD 72*
    USD 87*
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsthe main squareno doubtloved this hotelhotel is locatedrestaurants and barsperfect locationspacious rooma great stayfree parkingyogurteurofrancetownannexturckheimstoringstrasbourg
    Reviewed 13 June 2017

The room was good and had a balcony which is nice. However the lighting wasn't good. There was a shower over the bath but you had to hold it with one hand which is very inconvenient when you are washing your hair. The breakfast was average.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I really loved this hotel. I arrived here on my first night of a hiking trip to the Alsace and was greeted by Rachel. She was just so very friendly and welcoming that it really set a positive tone for my stay. My French is non-existent but that did not matter because she spoke perfect English (she told me that she spent time in the U.S.). She was a pleasure to speak with and I have met many hotel employees in the U.S. who could learn a lot from her about how to be a true professional. She is a true asset to the hotel.

The hotel is in a perfect location in the middle of the town center and my room had a great view of the square outside. The windows were double paned so the room was still very quiet.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The bath was a bit small by US standards but typical for France. I visited when it was cool outside so I didn't need it but I noted that the room had an a/c unit with an individual control. Breakfast was typically French but very good. The price was a true bargain.

I did the hike from Obernai to Mont St. Odile and I highly recommend it. Start out a little after 9am and you will be there in time for lunch (it took me 2 hours). I hiked back down to Barr and then took the train back to Obernai. Total time hiking was 4 hours.

I strongly recommend this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again if I ever make it back here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
    Reviewed 2 December 2016

Like reviewer 'SevenSigma', we were put up in the annex about 274.32 metres (that's 300 yards in real money) from the main hotel and we were on the top floor. The lift was fine (i.e. it worked for four days !) and the bedroom was extremely comfortable. We did have a kettle and since tea. coffee and sweeteners were in short supply, we nipped out to a local shop and 'bought in'. The highlight of the coach trip was Strasbourg and the EU Parliament but the beautiful countryside, the town of Colmar and the little village of Turckheim plus a visit to the Schaeffer Woerly Wine estate really made the visit worthwhile. We didn't buy any of the wine though and will no doubt be declared persona non grata in France. We prefer the wines of the Jalon Valley in Spain.

Room Tip: Lovely views from the rooms over the market place. Unfortunately we didn't have one!
    • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 September 2016

Room 120 overlooks the market place. It is furnished in traditional style and is spacious, sadly, as my visit took place during the recent extremely hot weather it was necessary to keep all the windows open at night, and, as the Hotel overlooks the Market Place, a meeting place for the local youth it was quite noisy, but, I did not find this a problem on a previous visit when the temperatures were more "normal" whatever that is. Regrettably I could not recommend La Diligence for Disabled users, but would stress that all staff could not have been more helpful with all requests made
    Obernai, indeed Alsace is an area where it is possible to enjoy an excellent break, with Colmar & Strasbourg only a short drive away giving access to many historical sites and the European Parliament, which may be visited by arrangement and gives an opportunity to see "How everything works" I close with one minor criticism of the Hotel: warning do not buy their bottled water unless you want to pay 3Euros30 for 500 ml.
    There is a supermarket but it is some distance from the Hotel. Their is also a Rail Station with a service to Strasbourg, and, for those who do not wish to walk to the Station, a local bus It would have been nice to have the option of a courtesy traP.S. Close by there are numerous excellent Eating Establishments

Room Tip: 120 best in my opinion ,but fellow travellers seemed to be quite happy with their rooms both in the main building & the annexe
    • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
    Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night in the second accommodation of Diligence, 200 m from the main square. Old, well kept building, the room (actually a mini sweet with possibility to get a second bedroom). The room was on 4th floor, elevator took you to the 3rd then a narrow spiral staircase. In the room all clean but simple. Astonishing view from the windows. Breakfast not included, you ca find some cafés nereby (the one by the main square is glutein-free only, it may not ne to your taste unless you need it). Value for price (90€)? So and so.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple