“Dream place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Doi Saket
“Dream place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Two days back we came here for ten days found dream place to relax. You find yourself in a birds habitant amazing... Food really will take you in old times and will teach you new way to live and SPA adds stars in resorts. Never came across elsewhere therapies here. I would strongly advise who want to relax must visit here.

Stayed June 2016, travelled with family
2 Thank 679sushilb
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 10 September 2016
Dear 679sushilb,

Thank you for your review of Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort on TripAdvisor. We glad to hear that you give us a high approval rating.
Thank you also for your comments about our beautiful stars "Tao Healing Spa" , healthy food.
YOur professional Therapist waiting to serve a relax experience to you again here at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort.

May Good Qi blessing you and your family.

Warm regards,

Anuwat Sawangduan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2016

Tao Garden is the creation of renown Taoist Master Mantak Chia. I had heard of him and the spa for years but never had the opportunity to visit until this March. The design and layout of the grounds is fascinating. Everything is in an octagonal shape with highlights of water and Taoist symbols. The reservation includes daily buffet meals which were not only healthful but delicious. The very attentive staff had no issues making a special dish when the children of my friends refused to eat anything healthy.

The spa facility was top notch, exquisitely designed and maintained with expert staff that obviously knew their stuff and had been there for years. The clinic while not sterile white immaculate was orderly enough to not alarm me. I found their holistic assessment of my health, combining both the technology of the West and the wisdom of the East to be right on the mark. I indulged in many of their recommended treatments and found them all helpful--particularly the clinic related ones.

The only quibble I have with Tao Garden, as I had read prior to my trip, are their townhouses. It took 3 rooms before we found one we liked. They all were individually decorated but all of them showed signs of significant wear, even the last one that we stayed in. It was beautifully decorated but the balcony roof had holes. As I later confirmed, the townhouses are time shares, so Tao Garden does not technically own the buildings. But still I would think there must be a way to have the owners maintain them to a certain standard.

But other than that the entire trip was wonderful! I have already recommended Tao Garden to all my friends. I returned home feeling and looking ten years younger!!

• Stayed March 2016, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank universe5
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2016
Dear Universe5,

Thank you very much for your review and positive comments.

It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you and your family here at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort.

Strasbourg, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2016

Well to put it in a few words, some thing must have happenned here.... This place is no longer the place it was meant to be. Lack of joy and passion. We had the feeling we were leaving the smiling Thailand for a (very) sad, busy(ness) and dried out world. Harder it came as most of the guests are very arrogant and selfish... I presume some gurus or to be gurus took themselves too serious. A friend of mine had a massage and the therapist fell asleep during the massage!!!! Can u imagine such a event! That is not only hilarious. Actually i wanted to rate it with 3 out of 5 stars, but Masahori Uchi and the people around him were so nice.... Doing taichi with them in the moring was so unbelievable nice... So i give one point more, if i may.
Reception - front desk crew is great!
Very sad is also that the bar closes at 7pm!!!!!!!! Have a try at the cofffee just near the tao garden... They are gorgious, smiling and really have a fantastic coffee!

Stayed February 2016
3 Thank Wild tracks S
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 27 February 2016
Dear Wild tracks S,

Greeting from Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort!!!

It was a pleasure having you visit us in February and I was delighted to read, you had an experience with us, as you mention about our bar close at 7.00 PM. , the operation hours of the Juice Bar from 8.00 - 19.00 hrs. and we are provide healthy beverages and coffee, as our concept we would like our guest relax and take a rest after dinner,
no caffeine in the night just for your health.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor. We wish to welcome you back again.

MAY GOOD CHI BLESS YOU

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Spend two weeks here in desperation to heal myself..it didn't work at all.....so here are somethings I found, If you have sort of allergy, Intolerance, allergy, diabetic, weight loss, detox, crohns, colitis, inflammation, mood issues, mirgranes, just did colonics, candida or any issue with food do not at all eat in the dining hall!
Against all doctors orders as well the food contained some deep fried foods, wheat spaghetti, butter, little bit of cheese, filo pastry, cakes, gluten egg noodles, dairy yoghurt, sugar filled granola, gluten soy sauce in every dish plus there are no labels of what is inside the food which is actually quite dangerous !! Even all natural juices had added sugar in which people complained about a lot! (Kitchen / dining Staff cannot speak much English...... I ended up very nutrient depleted and hungry!

The joy juice bar also only carries cows milk- it's really not that hard to get rice, almond, chia, hemp, coconut, nut milk it is labelled a 'health' spa right? (30 minutes drive to nearest health store/supermarket) I didn't know going to a "health"spa to bring vitamins and food or even some green tea!

The real doctor although very good only comes in once a week. So if you have any issues you have to wait or go to the hospital. Even though we were told it was a "24hour" service. The clinic is quite overpriced so the same as Europe but with no coverage. Around 2.5months salary for 12 day stay including the room and food not travel.

Rooms and very very simple unclean and tatty for the high price paid and filled with mould and grime especially in the pool facilities. Most people I got told just stayed outside then came for the lectures and left.
Wifi is ok at some parts of the place when it's working but need to log in several times a day for some reason! Lots of bugs, stray dogs and cats so be-careful. So do your research well and know what you are getting yourself.
Apparently it was quite different a few years back according to many people.
Anyway the flowers, trees, instructors, staff and masseurs are very professional and nice.

It would also be nice to have a clothes and shoes donation box as lots of people like myself throw away old or worn clothes.

Would also be nice to have more exercise classes there is only one hour a week provided.

Stayed February 2016, travelled solo
1 Thank franjanu
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2016
Dear Fran D,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor

As you know we are health & Spa resort, the clinic will open daily if the guest want to meet the doctor is on schedule, we do not provide 24 hrs. as hospital. In the dining hall as meal is a buffet and self service our staff can be prepared foods for all the guests, as our foods tasteful dishes are prepared from fresh natural ingredients. A significant proportion of the vegetables and fruits come from our own organic gardens. The variety of dishes and offerings caters to an international, health-conscious, clientele. Also Juice is 100% natural ingredients we don't add any sugar for sure. Cows milk that we use just for a coffee that some guest require. For the guest who don't drink cows milk they can order espresso instead of.

For Tao Garden residence we have special discount for all treatment THB1000* at Spa and THB800 at the Pakua Polyclinic, it's not overprice as we serve an experience.

The Wifi that you have to log in for some area is a policy. Als, our location is located in the local village that you see the dogs or cats around here is not our own.

The exercise that we provide is daily exercise, the flowing motions and breathing techniques of Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chi Kung to strengthen the body in the morning and evening everyday except Sunday only.

Anyhow I wish you happiness as you spent 2 weeks with us, if you have any require or more suggestion, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly. I remain.

Thank you again.

Sincerely yours,

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2016

I arrived for 7-day relax program and got low back pain after the second massage. I do not have any regular problems with my back, so I was somewhat scary about my pain. The hotel manager offered me free appointment at local hospital, which I did not use. I had to stay on painkillers for 3 days.
My room (Simple) was very basic and tired. Many mosquitos in the room because screens have wide gaps with window frames.
Food was OK. Wifi was good.

• Stayed January 2016, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank OKmsk
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 2 February 2016
Dear OKmsk,

I am very sorry to hear that your overall experience with us was not at the level that you had come to expect and our heartfelt apologies once again for the shortfall in our service delivery. I am mostly concerned that the unfortunate issue with your back it's happen after the treatment, anyhow I have explained to you as well as I have the same experience as you got as well but it's better after a few day, also I offered you to consult with the doctor at the international hospital and offer you with Traditional Thai Massage, on next day I met you in at the Clinic and I have asked you how do you feel? you told me that you feel better. I am grateful to hear that.

I have reached out to you directly hoping to have an opportunity to personally discuss your concerns with you and shall look forward to hearing from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doi Saket
1.1 km away
Soulmates Retreat
Soulmates Retreat
#3 of 13 in Doi Saket

Been to Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!