“what happened there??????” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doi Saket
Strasbourg, France
“what happened there??????”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2016

Well to put it in a few words, some thing must have happenned here.... This place is no longer the place it was meant to be. Lack of joy and passion. We had the feeling we were leaving the smiling Thailand for a (very) sad, busy(ness) and dried out world. Harder it came as most of the guests are very arrogant and selfish... I presume some gurus or to be gurus took themselves too serious. A friend of mine had a massage and the therapist fell asleep during the massage!!!! Can u imagine such a event! That is not only hilarious. Actually i wanted to rate it with 3 out of 5 stars, but Masahori Uchi and the people around him were so nice.... Doing taichi with them in the moring was so unbelievable nice... So i give one point more, if i may.
Reception - front desk crew is great!
Very sad is also that the bar closes at 7pm!!!!!!!! Have a try at the cofffee just near the tao garden... They are gorgious, smiling and really have a fantastic coffee!

Stayed February 2016
3 Thank Wild tracks S
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 27 February 2016
Dear Wild tracks S,

Greeting from Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort!!!

It was a pleasure having you visit us in February and I was delighted to read, you had an experience with us, as you mention about our bar close at 7.00 PM. , the operation hours of the Juice Bar from 8.00 - 19.00 hrs. and we are provide healthy beverages and coffee, as our concept we would like our guest relax and take a rest after dinner,
no caffeine in the night just for your health.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor. We wish to welcome you back again.

MAY GOOD CHI BLESS YOU

Anuwat Sawangduan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Spend two weeks here in desperation to heal myself..it didn't work at all.....so here are somethings I found, If you have sort of allergy, Intolerance, allergy, diabetic, weight loss, detox, crohns, colitis, inflammation, mood issues, mirgranes, just did colonics, candida or any issue with food do not at all eat in the dining hall!
Against all doctors orders as well the food contained some deep fried foods, wheat spaghetti, butter, little bit of cheese, filo pastry, cakes, gluten egg noodles, dairy yoghurt, sugar filled granola, gluten soy sauce in every dish plus there are no labels of what is inside the food which is actually quite dangerous !! Even all natural juices had added sugar in which people complained about a lot! (Kitchen / dining Staff cannot speak much English...... I ended up very nutrient depleted and hungry!

The joy juice bar also only carries cows milk- it's really not that hard to get rice, almond, chia, hemp, coconut, nut milk it is labelled a 'health' spa right? (30 minutes drive to nearest health store/supermarket) I didn't know going to a "health"spa to bring vitamins and food or even some green tea!

The real doctor although very good only comes in once a week. So if you have any issues you have to wait or go to the hospital. Even though we were told it was a "24hour" service. The clinic is quite overpriced so the same as Europe but with no coverage. Around 2.5months salary for 12 day stay including the room and food not travel.

Rooms and very very simple unclean and tatty for the high price paid and filled with mould and grime especially in the pool facilities. Most people I got told just stayed outside then came for the lectures and left.
Wifi is ok at some parts of the place when it's working but need to log in several times a day for some reason! Lots of bugs, stray dogs and cats so be-careful. So do your research well and know what you are getting yourself.
Apparently it was quite different a few years back according to many people.
Anyway the flowers, trees, instructors, staff and masseurs are very professional and nice.

It would also be nice to have a clothes and shoes donation box as lots of people like myself throw away old or worn clothes.

Would also be nice to have more exercise classes there is only one hour a week provided.

Stayed February 2016, travelled solo
1 Thank franjanu
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2016
Dear Fran D,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor

As you know we are health & Spa resort, the clinic will open daily if the guest want to meet the doctor is on schedule, we do not provide 24 hrs. as hospital. In the dining hall as meal is a buffet and self service our staff can be prepared foods for all the guests, as our foods tasteful dishes are prepared from fresh natural ingredients. A significant proportion of the vegetables and fruits come from our own organic gardens. The variety of dishes and offerings caters to an international, health-conscious, clientele. Also Juice is 100% natural ingredients we don't add any sugar for sure. Cows milk that we use just for a coffee that some guest require. For the guest who don't drink cows milk they can order espresso instead of.

For Tao Garden residence we have special discount for all treatment THB1000* at Spa and THB800 at the Pakua Polyclinic, it's not overprice as we serve an experience.

The Wifi that you have to log in for some area is a policy. Als, our location is located in the local village that you see the dogs or cats around here is not our own.

The exercise that we provide is daily exercise, the flowing motions and breathing techniques of Chi Kung & Tai Chi Chi Kung to strengthen the body in the morning and evening everyday except Sunday only.

Anyhow I wish you happiness as you spent 2 weeks with us, if you have any require or more suggestion, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail directly. I remain.

Thank you again.

Sincerely yours,

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2016

I arrived for 7-day relax program and got low back pain after the second massage. I do not have any regular problems with my back, so I was somewhat scary about my pain. The hotel manager offered me free appointment at local hospital, which I did not use. I had to stay on painkillers for 3 days.
My room (Simple) was very basic and tired. Many mosquitos in the room because screens have wide gaps with window frames.
Food was OK. Wifi was good.

• Stayed January 2016, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank OKmsk
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 2 February 2016
Dear OKmsk,

I am very sorry to hear that your overall experience with us was not at the level that you had come to expect and our heartfelt apologies once again for the shortfall in our service delivery. I am mostly concerned that the unfortunate issue with your back it's happen after the treatment, anyhow I have explained to you as well as I have the same experience as you got as well but it's better after a few day, also I offered you to consult with the doctor at the international hospital and offer you with Traditional Thai Massage, on next day I met you in at the Clinic and I have asked you how do you feel? you told me that you feel better. I am grateful to hear that.

I have reached out to you directly hoping to have an opportunity to personally discuss your concerns with you and shall look forward to hearing from you.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2015

We came to "Tao Garden" before our fantastic daughter was born and we used all energy of nature of that place to prepare ourselves! We've been all over the world and didn't see so peaceful place like "Tao garden" , that's why we decided to go there for this special moment! It is so important to have everything you need in one place, especially for pregnant couple! Here we can 100% prepare ourselves for the magic moment: unity with nature, Tai Chi classes in the morning, treatment, pool and massage, and of course delicious food in restaurant it helps to go through pregnancy easily! Thank you one more time and all the best for "Tao garden" in the future!

• Stayed November 2015, travelled with family
2 Thank Alexander K
GMTao, General Manager at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort, responded to this review, 24 November 2015
Dear Alexander K,

Greeting from Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort !!!

It is delightful to read that your experience at our Resort was up to your liking and expectation.

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you visit and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort again.

May Good Chi blessing you and your family.

Warm regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2015

This was my first visit to tao Garden. I realised that people above 40 years of age need to come to this place once in a year . I was with my friend and his wife for a week and then I asked my wife to join me as I felt she also needed the professional massages and the healthy food. I plan to visit the place once a year.

Room Tip: If possible take a room in empty quarter, as the rooms are wooden ,movement of the people around you...